• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greyed out internal project links in Project Window

Explorer ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This little bug has been around for a few versions now. 

I navigate around projects quite a lot using the drop-down menu at the top of the project window, where it tells you where the selected footage is used. If you click on the triangle next to 'used X times' it gives you a drop-down list of the comps and layers, that it's used in, and if you click on a certain list-entry, it takes you there.

Only that functionality doesn't work. The list entries are greyed-out. If I switch to the finder using Cmd-Tab and then back to After Effects, the list-entries are selectable. In v23.4 it seems that the issue is then cleared up for all footage, but that hasn't been my experience over the last several months. It seems that I'm constantly switching over to the Finder to get those lists working. (I've also only been using 23.4 for a day or so, so no live-project experience as yet).

AE 23.4.0 Build 53

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.5

Chip M1 Ultra

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just upvoted this.

Sometimes we can click "Used X Times" in the Poster Preview and the list is active and other times it is not.

Rather than switching to the Finder and back to get it to work as expected, right-click the Comp in the Project List and choose Reveal in Composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate