Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition Panel shortcut Fit / Fit up to 100% not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - A short description of the problem
    The Issue i've been having on my Macbook Pro is that the shortcut command to either fit the composition viewer to fill the view doesn't work. Meaning neither my shortcut commands regardless of to 100% or not it will not register and fit my viewer to my composition window.

• Adobe After Effects version number

• Operating system
    Ventura 13.3.1

• Steps to reproduce - The steps we should follow to show us the issue you are seeing. 
    Not sure how to reproduce it as other workstations at work that are mac computers do not have this issue. But whenever i go to keyboard shortcut setup my bind to be Shift + F for fit up to 100%, also making sure the bind isnt being used by anything else it doesn't work.

• Expected result - What should have happened after the last step?
    Fit viewer to window frame inside of composition panel
  • Actual result -  What did happen after the last step?
    Null- Nothing happens.

Does work on my PC and other mac's in the office so I am clueless.
Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Troubleshooting , UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a computer crash, nor my custom keyboard shortcut nor the default one works on my computer. I reinstalled the suit without success. I tried to change keyboard layout without sucess.

Is just the Fit and Fit up to 100% shortcuts that don't work, any other shortcuts seems to work.

My team mates have it working as allways, and we are all in the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check/ reinstall/ update your graphics driver and check the hardware acceleration settings. This issue appears if GPU acceleration isn't working right.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve it by editing the text file that contains the keyboard shortcuts. I opened one of my colleagues that correctly works, and found that in my computer the file contains some lines related to the same shortcut that where not present in the correct one. after deleting, it works.

So while the problem was caused by a BSOD related to the graphic card, the issue is not related to the graphic card, that make sense, I cannot see any relation between keyboard shortcuts and graphic card driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue. Can the multibillion dolar company do something about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure I understand how you fixed it, though. Could you please explain in more detail what you did?

Specifically, I'm not sure what you mean by "editing the text file that contains the keyboard shortcuts." Could you please tell me what file you edited and what changes you made?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone who is experiencing this issue would be willing to send me their keyboard shortcut file, or if @Raúl23095587cimo was able to report back on what was modified, I would be happy to look into it.

All the best,
Jessica McMillan
AE Engineering

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how i can contact you to send my keyboard shortcut file !!! i modified the keyboard shortcuts .txt files but is not wok for me 

the same topic https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/119uopt/keyboard_shortcuts_not_working/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You just have to go to this folder

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\23.2\aeks\

open the txt file of your shortcuts

find the assigned (wrong shortcut) looking for the key combination you assigned, in my case ñ(tilde_N), remove it, and use this

["CPanoProjItem"]
"FitItemView" = "(Tilde_N)(Shift+/)"

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional details @Raúl23095587cimo . I am going to look into that variation of the hot key and see what an internal correction looks like.

All the best,
Jessica McMillan
AE Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jessica McMillan 

how i can contact you to send my keyboard shortcut file !!! i modified the keyboard shortcuts .txt files but is not wok for me 

the same topic https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/119uopt/keyboard_shortcuts_not_working/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue. The circumstances seem rather specific to some Macs/ versions of OSX.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix is currently in testing internally and we expect it to go into Beta in the next few weeks. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 11 (AE ver 23.5.0 build 52) and it happens here too. The difference is default keyboard works fine, but when I remapped (swapped alt-/ and shift-/) it breaks it. OPnce broke I can't fix it without loading the default keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe this should be fixed in 23.6, which will release in the coming weeks. If you want to test it sooner, the same fix is in the current AE Beta builds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut "Ctrl+\" to "Fit up to 100%" is not working.

I tried change the shortcut, but still didn't work.

It's been months this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For everybody struggling with this i coppied the shortcuts txt file from previous versions and and put on the new version, It worked: from C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\22.6\aeks\  to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\23.2\aeks\ . Saved my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate