Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Rings/Vignetting with Tamron 17-70 Lens on Fuji XT-4

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I hope you can help me with this, it's driving me insane.

I noticed the problem first when shooting into a blue sky with clouds at a wedding, then I saw the problem on a table the next shoot as well. Now I checked with a white wall and found that Lightroom actually does this to my newly picked up Tamron 17-70 2.8 (on a Fuji XT-4)

I'm having crazy rings and vignetting with the Tamron lens, first thought it's the lens, but it's Lightroom adding the crazy rings. Since when I'm importing there's nothing, but when i hover over the image and select it, it takes a second and then Lightroom adds them to the picture, as if it where implementing a lens correction, but horribly wrong. Turning off Lens Profile / Correction doesn't do anything, once it's there it's there. Also the JPEG looks fine, it's only the raw file. 

Attached are the two images, it's easy to tell which one is the JPEG sooc and which is the RAW file out of Lightroom with the "vignette" 

Can you please tell me how to fix this, and what is going on there?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Update:

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
72 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In you Fuji Camera do you have Lens Optimization set to "on" - if so, set to 'off'?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's greyed out and off when the tamron is attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: - Fuji XT-4 and Lightroom are both updated to their latest versions/firmware

- Just tested with a trial of Caputre One, no Problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to share the RAF on DropBox or other share so that members can look at what happens in their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea, thanks!

Here is the RAF File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujq73k71qxl01a7/_AAA3049.RAF?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my PC with your sample. So not likely to be some setting you may have implemented in LrC.

Screenshot of authors sample. LrC v11.5, Develop module, no edits.

Image 001.png

Oh, and as for Lens Correcions, nothing odd, Built-in Lens Profile applied as is normal (even non Fuji glass)

Image 002.png

And just in case

Image 004.png

And just to be clear, not a Preferences issue in my rig

Image 007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking,

Yes, same here with the built in lens profile. Thought maybe this is where the bug is coming from, but then again if Fuji's internal lens profile is the problem, it should show up in the JPEG as well? 

I think it's something specific in the communication with Lightroom and those files.

Then again, aren't there a lot of Fuji (XT-4) shooters using LR that picked up that lens the last few months and should have similiar results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Camera Raw exhibit the same issue using this lens profile?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuing observations

1. Bringing up in ACR, same problem, so perhaps within the RAW conversion by Adobe.

2. Below in ON1 Photo RAW 2022, less vignette. No diffraction pattern.

Image 008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same result in ACR with vignette, and the same correct look in Capture One.

So we narrowed it down to the Adobe RawConversion, where's the "Adobe, please update this bug"-Button? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ACR, without Lens profile, then with lens profile, slight change ion vignett, not so much in distortion

Image 011.png

Image 012.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hace un mes y medio compré un Tamron 17-70mm f2.8 para mi Fujifilm X-T4 y la semana pasada me dí cuenta de que cuando importaba los RAWS en Lightroom Classic de mi Mac, cuando disparaba a 17mm f2.8, aparecía un viñeteado doble que las hacía prácticamente inservibles. Lo curioso es que este defecto solamente aparece cuando las abro con un software de Adobe (Lightroom, Phosotshop o Bridge) y no cuando lo hago con Capture One o con Affinity Photo.

Este es el efecto en cuestión:
220819_095816_10.jpg

Para que se aprecie mejor, os pongo una captura de pantalla de la biblioteca de Lightroom:

001.png

En estos momentos el objetivo está de viaje al servicio técnico de Tamron (a través de la tienda donde lo compré).

Pero me he quedado mosqueado y he pedido  que alguien me envie unos raws a f2.8. Un compañero amablemente me ha hecho llegar 4 raws con los criterios que solicitaba: que apareciese el cielo y que estuviesen disparadas a 17mm f2.8. Cuando las he importado con Lightroom me he quedado patidifuso... a pesar de ser otra cámara y otro objetivo... aparecía de nuevo el mismo defecto.

220825_130251_02.jpg

Os dejo la captura de la biblioteca de Lightroom donde se aprecia mejor:

002.png

O sea, que el problema es de compatibilidad entre el Tamron 17-70mm f2.8 y el software de Adobe.

¿Va a haber por parte de Adobe alguna solución?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Añado el mismo RAW abierto con Affinity Photo, hay viñeteo, pero el efecto desaparece:

fernandojota_0-1661448785013.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bueno... el efecto NO desaparece. Si acaso es menor, pero sigue ahí la parte del anillo más claro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cuando proceso las fotografías RAW en Fujifilm X Raw Studio los anillos desaparecen.

Definitivamente parece un problema del perfil de la lente de Adobe.

Espero que Adobe aporte una solución rápida.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to have found someone sharing my problem. Here is some more insights, that confirm what we predicted here: 

I am in contact with Tamron Germany and they're in contact with Japan.  What we've got so far:

- It is probably a bug with the combination of a Mac and Adobe (Camera Raw, LR, PS etc.)

- In Capture One and other editing programs the problem is gone. 

- And Tamron said that they tried on a Windows PC with Lightroom and also had NO problem.

Hoping for a quick fix here Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. In what area of ​​the menu does “Lens Optimization” appear on the Fujifilm X-T4? It is the solution to the problem that Tamron Spain has given me, but I can't find it in the camera menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately In the xt-4 you can't turn that setting off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that Tamron Technical Support is referring to the X-T4 menu option “lens modulation optimizer”?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That setting is off and greyed out for me when the Tamron is attached by default.

Meanwhile I heard back from Tamron.

So it is a Problem / Bug with Adobe Camera Raw and Mac.

In other Programs the Issue is not present.

As well as with Adobe CameraRaw/Lightroom in combination with a PC.

It seems to only appear with Mac and ACRs current Version.

Is there a way to issue an official bug report to Adobe directly? 

That's what Tamron advised me, there's apparently nothing they can do on their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am waiting for a solution from Adobe. I've been working (and paying) with Adobe software for years, I've even been a Lightroom teacher and I don't want to change software.
Is Adobe there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that someone from Adobe let me know if they are working on the problem, to fix it in a future update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I seem crazy talking to myself, I have found a video in which the defect can be seen, although the author of the video does not see it or does not want to give much importance to the exposure rings.

This is the video and the moment:
https://youtu.be/KxUDUO-_b3k?t=324

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. I even wrote him a couple weeks ago, when I heard he is reviewing the lens, since i watch his videos a lot and knew he was going to have the same set up (Lightroom, Mac, Fuji XT-4)

Still no Update from someone from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has he answered you?

Votes

Translate

Translate