• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Windows - A750 & A770 GPU) New Denoise turning images black and white

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the new AI Denoise feature seems to darken my images and strip almost all the color out of them. Files are from a Nikon D500 being processed by a Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, and Intel A750 video card on Windows 11. Tried to create virtual copy of file and reset all other adjustments and it makes no difference. Still dark and almost completely black and white.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

This issue seems to have been resolved by the latest driver(31.0.101.4499 BETA).

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The June 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 139 Replies 139
139 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the last piece to my new i7 13700, Z790 Gigabtye Elite AX & 32 gb DDR5 photo editing build.

I need a GPU for a photo editing build using Lightroom/photoshop. It will do NO gaming and NO video editing.

So I read a lot of negative reviews/remarks about the A750 with respect to gaming performance. Is that irrelevant for LR/PS use? Should I care if it can't run certain games that I never heard of before? or would it impact my use of Lightroom/photoshop? I also wonder if there is even more improvement upcoming as they continue to refine the drivers?

If people are having issues with the Intel Arc A750 I can get a comparably priced RX 6600. Both of these GPUs are on sale for roughly the same price. I am aware that LR is starting to leverage the GPU more but my usage doesn't require it. I do use the sky selection tool but don't want to pay  several hundred dollars more to shave a few milli-seconds off of that selection. And I use a 1440p monitor, not a 4K+ monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us your system stats including GPU Memory. 

To troubleshoot: 

Go to Edit>Preferences>Performance tab and set your GPU to Off. Restart Lightroom and Enhance the same original as before. It will take significantly longer but should show if the GPU is suspect. Any difference?

If so, I would start looking at your video drivers. How old is your current driver? What happens if you update it?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8GB RAM on the A750. Disabled the GPU as you described and it made no difference. Same result. I am running the newest stable driver from Intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share one of the original raw files that exhibits the behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to, but this is what your form is telling me when I try to attach it:

"The attachment's _ajn4306.nef content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

Is there another way to send it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct attachment in the forum isn't possible.  Post the file to a shared Creative Cloud folder, Dropbox or similar. Then, share the link.  If the image is private, you can direct message me the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct message sent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate the results you are seeing. Here's what I get:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 1.46.53 PM.pngDevelop matches similarly to this Compare View from Library. 

At this point, I would say standard troubleshooting is next. 

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the steps to reset preferences and still get the same result. Tried a different file in the same folder and get the same result. All the other tools seem to work fine. Even in the Enhance Preview, unchecking Denoise and enabling Raw Details and/or Super Resolution both work fine. It's just that tool that is giving me a strange result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it on Windows (GTX970 GPU) and Mac M1 and get the same results in both cases. Since you have Lightroom Classic, you also have access to Camera Raw in Photoshop. What happens if you do the same operation there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Enhanced/Denoise early in the post processing, or after some Masking?

Did you apply some tonal edits, especially Shadows, Clarity, or Dehaze prior to Enhanced/Denoise?

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2023/04/18/denoise-demystified

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a virtual copy to reset all the adjustments and delete any masks. I also tried it with a file I hadn't done any adjustments to and it had the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried a Windows 11 machine with an nVidia T1200 and have the same results. 

What does the Enhance dialog Preview show. Expected or what you've been seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that's what I've been showing you. Do I have it wrong? It says "Enhance Preview" at the top of the box. The preview and the DNG it outputs both show the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at your original post. I see your Preview dialog now in this thread. 
I've tested Mac 13, Win 10 and Win 11 with your file and they all perform as expected. At this point I am still leaning towards a problem with your video card/driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very possible. But it's a pretty popular card for content creators because of it's video encoding capabilities. If that's the case, hopefully the two of you can figure it out. If I can help more figuring it out, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally we would love it if a person with a similar hardware configuration could test and confirm. Basically, we need more data in order to proceed.  I am going to alter the title to see if we can fish for another customer using the same GPU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be helpful to the team if you made the Denoised DNG avaliable to Rikk so that the end result can be examined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar setup as Anthony (Ryzen 5 5500, 32 RAM, A750, Win11) and I have the same issue. The image after applying Denoise becomes darker and almost without color, blueish tone. As you increase the denoise slider, the darker it gets. Have tried several images and same result.

2023-04-18 Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, see my post below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a bug in LrC with the A750 to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's in fact the case, I guess the question is who can fix it? Does Adobe pass the buck to Intel who then says it's a LR issue? Just seems strange that it only happens with this new tool. Not sure if it's relevant, but I don't have this issue doing the same task in the Topaz Denoise AI and Photo AI plugins. Also, strange that telling LR not to use the GPU to render makes no difference. If it was a problem with the GPU, it seems like that setting isn't working either. I'm not a coder, but to my untrained eye that seems to point to a bug on Adobe's side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the Enhance processes use the GPU whether you have it enabled in the preferences or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate