Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets Immediately disappear after import

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team, 

I tried to import some new presets today, but they immediately dissapear after importing.

I select Import but as soon as I select the .xmp file to Presets >> Import Presets... >> Select my .xmp file >> Import >> It reads "1 Preset Imported", but immediately dissapear and the preset is not appearing under any folder (see video attached). 

- I have the "Hide partially compatible presets" button unticked as I read a recent update made it hide presets without a profile automatically. 

- Have tried with 5-6 different presets, all .xmp

- This is in Lightroom (not Classic) on Macbook Pro

thanks,

Alex

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Watching your video, it looks like you are attempting to install a preset that has an accompanying profile. Without the profile, the preset won't function. Have you contacted your preset vendor for instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching your video, it looks like you are attempting to install a preset that has an accompanying profile. Without the profile, the preset won't function. Have you contacted your preset vendor for instructions?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rikk, yes that was indeed the issue. 

Would it be possible to get a more descriptive error message perhaps? It says preset successfully imported currently, but perhaps something like "Preset profile missing" would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines