• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS Beta 24.6 not available in CC; stuck at 24.5

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see plenty of mentions of no/disabled Generative Fill option, but few that are result of being stuck on version 24.5 ...

Im on Mac OS Ventura, connected to Adobe via MS Teams and it seems im stuck at 24.5.

I've uninstalled Beta, restarted, and reinstalled Beta twice, both resulted in 24.5 installs. I tried the "Check for updates" option a couple times, but 24.6 didnt come up. I uninstalled again, updated stable PS, restarted, and did a few more "Check for updates" rounds, but 24.6 is still not an option.

- Is the feature simply not rolled out universally yet?

- Or maybe this something our IT crew needs to allow first?

- Is there a direct link to install this particular version?

Cheers.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

The message that Kevin sent me above says that the Adobe Admin setting "Make updates available 30 days after release" needs to be turned OFF.  This may be counterintuitive for admins, that turning OFF a "make updates available" setting makes updates available sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
90 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck on 24.5 version of photoshop. i have been refreshing the updates in creative cloud and it keeps telling me photoshop is up to date. all my collegues have sucessfully installed the 24.6 version, but it's just not giving me the new version. 

i have tried to unistall the 24.5 version and still no luck.

tarynb268829_0-1684922138002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to try PS V24.6, but failed.

I tried click Check for updates, but no V24.6 appears.

Fat30040789znuw_0-1684939341576.png

Also I clicked Beta apps tab, there is no V24.6 either, and while I clicked 'Try the Photoshop(beta) app', nothing happened. 

Fat30040789znuw_1-1684939451347.png

Please help me for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, the Ps beta is not available in all geo locations.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JMillsCG curious what you mean by ".. connected to Adobe via MS Teams"? Not sure we understand how or what this is.

We have seen another customer that is stuck on 24.5 as well so we would like to get more info on this.

Do you have a personal adobe subscription or enterprise or edu...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cory

I have access to Creative Cloud through the agency i work for, so assume we're on Enterprise.

And, sorry, "connected via MS Teams" may be incorrect/misleading-- as far as i can tell, our IT crew has set up our Adobe logins to run through Microsoft Validator service. So, for instance, when i go to login to Behance, before im able to enter my login credentials Im instead redirected to a Microsoft Sharepoint login form. That form has it's own crredentials and requires a 2FA before im redirected back to Behance as a logged in user.

I just figured it was worth mentioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tarynb268829 the beta version is found on the panel left under Beta apps not in the All Apps

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1684952773945.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still only being offered version 24.5 to update to in CC even after hitting check for updates etc, UK educational license if it makes a difference. I can install it, delete it try again push updates nothing seems to make it want to offer 24.6 - any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultq93mmphbeqq2 have you contacted your admin to make sure they are allowing the beta update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply @CoryShubert  I have indeed, and other people in our educational institution have gotten the update, it seems to happen on PC and Mac, ive tried different locationsScreenshot 2023-05-25 171521.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a simular issue and the only fix I found was to actually uninstall the creative cloud application from my mac, and re install. From there I was able to update to the latest Photoshop 24.6 beta. Hope that can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the exact issue our team is having (enterprise subscription). We'd love to give the new features a try but we're stuck with 24.5 as the latest beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also maybe relevant, we authenticate through microsoft 365.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an Enterprise account as well and authorize through MS Azure. 

In order to install the new beta, you have to first uninstall any previous PS beta builds you have.

Then log out of your Creative Cloud desktop app. Restart your machine.

Then log into your Creative Cloud desktop app. The beta does not show as an update to Photoshop App - it is in the beta tab on the lower left:

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1685109325041.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @kevin stohlmeyer 

Unfortunately I've done exactly that, twice, but nothing has changed. I also completely uninstalled/reinstalled CC for desktop, but that also did nothing. The latest Beta version available to me is still 24.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't know for sure but if this was a phased rollout, it may be a few days before all Enterprise customers see the update as available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CoryShubert I think what they mean is they use Microsoft Azure authenticator to login to their accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

We have seen reports that turning VPN off allows some customers to download the newest beta

We also have released a NEW 24.6 beta today, open CCD and click Check for updates and you should be offered the new version: Photoshop Beta 24.6 20230524.m.2185 (you will see this full version in Help/System info)

• In this new update: we fixed a top crasher, tool tip issue for under 18 users, and localization issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tarynb268829  you appear to have a Teams account, it is possible you are behind a VPN which is blocking the latest beta, or your admin has it blocked.  Please check and see if any of these might be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have access to creative cloud through my university and I too am stuck on the beta version 24.5. I just barely installed the photoshop beta for the first time today in hopes to try out the new AI generative fill tool, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the altest version. hopefully this information helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jon30089315tivm two things, you must be over 18 and your admin must allow you the download.  Check on these things and see if you can update your Ps beta:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am well over 18 and is there any particular reason my admin would allow me access to every previous beta version but not this one? how would I check if it is an issue of my admin preventing access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jon30089315tivm it is hard for us to know how your university manages their networks/connections. You could reach out to your IT dept to ask if anyone else has mentioned this issue, or if they are aware of anything that might be blocking this.

Do you any way to contact anyone else in your school if they are seeing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert  @kevin stohlmeyer still no 24.6 available today.

Uninstalled 24.5 Beta, restarted computer, hit the "Check for updates" option in CCD, went to the Beta tab and version 24.5 remains the latestavailable to me (see screenshot below).

I havent heard back from our IT team to confirm whether they are blocking it or not. Regarding VPN, i do have one installed but it's not required for us to use and i pretty rarely put it to use.

Cheers.

PS-Beta-versions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  University enterprise account, and the latest beta is still 24.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the same thing.  Just a personal account here - I'm updated in CC Desktop "Up to date" but only have 24.5.  I'm really needing this generative fill feature.  

Votes

Translate

Translate