• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri scopes rrgb colors shifted off the bottom

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were a number of bugs in Lumentri scopes (scope wobbling, whole scope shiffted up from the bottom of the window) that were fixed so I know you are workign on it. But, what is happening now is the low end is shifted up 10 such that adjusting of the rgb curvs down (low end crushes at 10 vs. zero. I deliver all content in HDR and try to maximize the thre range of the signal when possible for underwater cinematography. This offset is frustrating. I was trying to get off the beta but 23.2 that went out had so many of these problems on Lumetri Scopes that I had to stay on the beta. I hope you can fix this one soon. It would seem to be a simple fix due to how obvious it is.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence is set to Rec.2100/HLG working color space, I assume? What color space are the scales set to, shown in the lower left corner of the Scopes panel?

And what are you setting the scope scaling numbers for, lower right corner drop down, 10 bit or HDR? I know they recommend using the 10 bit scale for most grading purposes in HDR.

The HDR scale sets 10IRE as the lower graticle, 100 IRE as the middle graticle, and 1K at the 3/4 mark. Pretty useless for most stuff.

And I'm not having any troubles with the scopes showing correct values here on my PCs, either laptop or desktop. They match up quite well with Resolve btw.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

The sequence Working Color Space is set to Rec.2100 HLG. The scales color space is set to Rec. 2100 HLG (lower left hand corner.

The lowe right Drop down is set to 10 bit and not HDR. Attached is a screen shot.  Not is the 10 boint gap (lower end of the vertical scale:

I am trying to attach an image for you but after i upload it and click done to add the file the done button is greyed out on the web page and will not close the dialog to add it. very sorry.  I am using fireox. Maybe I need to use chrome.

Best,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to the image, png's and jpegs can best be handled by simply dragging/dropping into the reply box text area. With an active 'cursor' blinking in the box, just drop the image. Then it pops into the box, we don't have to download it to see it.

Interesting ... on my rigs, I can't replicate the behavior. I'd love to see the screen grabs ... And the full data of the file, what camera, what format/codec & stuff.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dragged the .jpg here. See the bottom at 10 vs. near xero. pretty consisten.

screenshotlumetri.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's not crushed ... that's when you see a flat line built up at some point at the bottom. This still shows a range of details, so I think the problem is you can't get the shadows lower?

If you want the shadows lower, I'd use the Shadows slider of the Basic tab or the luma slider of the Color Wheels to set the low end values.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

Votes

Translate