• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Timeline dragging does not show a wireframe of clip position

Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached video. In one of my projects, performance in general is particularly bad (4k media mixed with mp4's in timeline I believe is the problem). But when you select clips and try to move them around in the timeline, the clips remain where they were shown. The clips are being moved, but you can't see them. Definitely a bug.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
77 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional note: all the 4k media is proxied, but some of the mp4's are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in PP V 13.1.3, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 4k Timeline, all media is proxied, all are Quicktime MOV files, GH5s 3840x2160, 23.976, 10 Bit LongGOP, V-Log. Proxies are ProRes 422 PROXY.

Some Mavic pro footage as well. Also proxied to PR422 Proxy.

No effects applied other than a couple audio effects applied to the track mixer.

The problem resolves itself upon restarting the application but resumes about 30 to 40 minutes of editing. Duplicating the sequence resolves the problem with the same amount of time to replicate the issue.

Current build of Pr = 13.1.3 Build 44
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G87)
MacBook Pro 2017, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, although it's very intermittent. I'd say it happens roughly 50% of the time I drag clips around... very hard to work when this happens. Happens across multiple projects. 1080 timelines. lots of different formats and sizes inside the timeline.

Premiere 13.1.4, Mojave 10.14.6. iMac Retina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me as well, Premiere 13.1.4 on Mojave 10.14.6. I can change the GPU from OpenCL to Metal and then back and this fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem on Windows 10. 4K FS7 Media is proxied, also using multi-camera clips. Very weird and unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

experiencing same issue on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows.

It seems to happen after about 20 minutes of editing. The playhead flashes and the wireframes disappear the only fix is restarting the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with 4k and 1080 multicam video in a 1080 timeline. Having this issue as well -- can't see the "wireframe" of where I'm dragging clips, so I have to drag and drop blindly. Issue happens after a while editing, and hasn't resolved after restarting the app. 😞

Running Mac OS Catalina 10.15

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem, 1080 Multicam video in 1080 timeline. Usually when a timeline is pretty long.
On MacBook Pro with Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue arbitrarily. It started way after I was into the edit on two different projects, with different sorts of media, working in 1080p 23.976. One project had 4k .mxf source, the other is all 1080 ProRes, both have PCM audio, both include some use of multicam sequences. If I disable waveform display, then I can see the wireframe when dragging. Re-enable waveforms, can't see it anymore. Has come up in short sequences and long ones, doesn't seem to be particularly connected to either. Issue has persisted in CC 2019, through several updates. Never had this issue in the past (ie: CC 2018 or earlier, going back years), even on large projects with far more disparate and complicated mixes of media types than I've had on these two, relatively tame, projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. This is really annoying. Have to restart app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Proxies.... Build : 13.1.5
Any suggestions for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, PPro 2019 1080ti, so frustrating, in my case I also get the whole premiere interface troubled, sometimes not updating the slightest changes on the effect controls panel, but if I switch to other panel and back I have one change to make, then have to swap again at every change I want to make on any value. Unfortunately looking for other editing program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue happen on Premiere Pro 2020 (14.0.0) as well (same machine, a maxed out 2017 iMac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on Premiere Pro 2020 (14.0.0) Windows 10. Restart program makes it work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Just updated to 2020 and a restart of program won't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. It used to be that restarting Premiere would fix the problem for ~1 hour, but now it only fixes it for 3-4 minutes. Quite annoying - has completely stopped my workflow today.

Turning off audio waveforms does fix the wireframe issue, but cutting without them is significantly more difficult.

Help us, adobe wan kanobi. You're our only hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to resolve on mine when zooming into the timeline a bit. Zooming back out shows the issue again so this isn't a fix, but it may be a work-around for some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - it shows the time the video is being moved to but not the blue video segment...problematic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to find this issue comes and goes (at least in some sequences) if the current section of the timeline that I can see contains multicam clips. No multicam, problem goes away. But if I can see the multicam, and waveforms are enabled, then it comes back. Seems like some kind of bug with waveforms and multicam?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, every day, very intermittent with zoom in only fixing it sometimes. Mac Pro 2013, Mojave, Premiere 2019 (can't upgrade yet but sounds like 2020 did not fix this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely annoying and subconsciously makes editing feel super clunky.
I feel like its an 'in session' memory limit or something vaguely like that seeing as resets fix it for a short period of time (untill you hit that limit again?) not sure. Hopefully they fix it soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem while using PP2020, restarting doesn't fix it but creating a new sequence works for a little bit before breaking again.

I'm on Windows 10 with 32GB of RAM running a 1080ti FE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had this issue and realized it was related to the "Essential Graphic Panel" and "Browse" tab being open. If it was clicked over to Edit we did not have the issue and the wireframes returned. I have let Adobe know and hopefully they make a update. In the meantime this resolves the issues for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate