Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2023.1.0 unexpectedly exits out of trim tools

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm experiencing some strange behavior while trimming clips in Premiere 2023.1.0. I'm finding that when I trim the tails of a clip that does not have another clip immediately after it in the same video track, Premiere exits out of the trim interface after the first trim command. It's sort of difficult to explain in a forum post, so I created a short video documenting the issue here:

I am able to replicate this on 2 different systems:

System 1:
Premiere Pro 23.1.0 (Build 86)
macOS 12.5.1
Mac Studio (2022)
Apple M1 Max
64GB RAM
Media stored on an Editshare SAN over gigabit ethernet

System 2:
Premiere Pro 23.1.0 (Build 86)
macOS 11.7.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
32GB RAM
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB
Media stored on SSD over USB-C

The media in my test video is simple black video and a Premiere generated graphic. I usually work with ProRes Proxy Quicktime files and can confirm this bug exists with Quicktime media as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I just finished a project with many multi-layer VFX comps and trimming was nearly impossible. Hope to find a solution to this soon.

Thank you!
Eric
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to reset the preferences?

if you switch renderers to software only from project settings, does it still happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I just tried resetting preferences and switched the renderer to software only and unfortunately the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this bug still appears to exist in the new version (2023.2.0) released yesterday. I really hope this can be resolved soon. The rolling edit tool is indispensable and it's frustrating that it only works half the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This trim tool bug is driving me crazyt at the moment. As mentioned It only relates to rolling out a clip into blank space but is deeply limiting if you edit on keyboard. Are there any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the latest release v23.3 and the bug still persists. This is so critical. The only working version of the v23's family is v23.0 ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've been googling this trying to figure out if it was some setting I didn't have right and nope, it's a bug. PLEASE FIX THIS IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still driving me crazy here too. Thanks to the original poster for creating the video to demonstrate. This needs immediate attention Adobe.
Prem 23.2.0 iMac 11.7.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric and everyone - I have heard that this issue is meant to be fixed in 23.4 Beta (now available via CC). Would love to hear if any of you are able to test this? Thanks, Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Patrick. I just did a quick test in 23.5.0 beta and this does indeed appear to be fixed. So relieved this is finally getting resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep I've just moved up from 23.2 to 23.4 and after half a day of work, it seems to be back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate