• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro V23.2.0 Frustrating Button Lag in Multicam Edit - Macbook Pro M1 Max & Studio Max

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started on a Multicam Edit on my new Apple M1 Max chip 32gb Ram Macbook Pro, and there is a terrible lag between selecting a camera on the keyboard and the edit action happening. This means that every edit is out by about half a second. This something my old 2015 Macbook never had an issue with. Of course I can go back through the whole thing and adjust each cut but this is a 80 min long film and the extra workload is so disappointing given these are supposed to be top notch machines!

I also have also tried to edit the same project on a Studio M1 Max and the issue is even worse on this machine. The machine gets stuck with the spinning wheel of death if you scrub forwards/backwards at speed...nightmare

The multi cam is three 1080HD H.264 video files and are stored on the same machine. Nothing fancy.

Any suggestions?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loads of others reporting issues with Multicam on V23.2. This link recommends downgrading to V23.1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/multicam-play-back-does-not-stop-playing/idi-p/1362...

I have done this and I am no longer having any multicam issues...clearly a bug in V23.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multicam problems in 23.1 version also (PC). In version 22 (.6.4) everything is OK. If you do milticam editing avoid version 23 until Adobe fix this bug (hopefully).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got things working. 

Confirming: In 23.2, every non-multicam sequence worked great, and it was only multicam that gave you trouble? Or did you experience laggy performance with ordinary sequences, as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me I only had issues with Multicam in V23.2, non-multicam sequence worked ok. v23.1 (mac) multicam is working as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, Version 23.0 is also laggy during MultiCam editing. Had to rollback to 22.6.4. (using macOS big sur-11.5.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried v23.3? for me this issue is resolved with the version 23.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing! Multicam in the newest version is SO buggy! I downgraded to 23.1 and it fixed the issue. My issue was strange. I would switch in and out of multicam and my playback would stutter and be extremely choppy. I'd match back to a single shot and it would play fine. AWFUL version of Premiere! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to be back in 23.6.0 — copying pieces of a Multicam clip from one sequence to another results in seconds-long delays in the interface, spinning rainbow ball of death, and unresponsiveness to keyboard commands. Has anyone else been experiencing this / found solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've tested, and can't reproduce that behavior in the current PPro beta, or in PPro 23.6 (shipping version), on an M1 or M2 mac.

Do you also see the lagginess, in current beta builds? Any active Transmit devices? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply — and apologies, I skimmed past the M1 specification in the original post. I'm on a 2.4GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 Mac with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB / Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB graphics cards and 64GB 2667 Mhz DDR4 memory. Ventura 13.5.2.

I'm also investigating partition map problems on the external drive, which could explain the dramatic drop in performance today.

Bigger picture, is my 2019 MacBook Pro with the specs listed above on the edge of (un)usability when editing multicam with proxies on an external 7200rpm drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That system sounds like it's near the low end of the system requirements, but 'partition issues' is somewhat alarming... 

Do you see similar performance, if you work from the laptop's SSD drive?
Also, any different experience in the beta? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OWC tech support was very ready to blame drive partition issues ["The partition map needs to be repaired because there’s a problem with the EFI system partition’s file system. : (-69766)"] on Adobe crashes 😬

I haven't had time to troubleshoot via the laptop SSD or PPro beta. I'll do that if reformatting the external hard drives doesn't work. I appreciate the replies and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in v24.1. I'm on an M2 Max 32GB. Each multi-cam sequence is 2 camera angles, 4k 10bit, with proxies, all footage on an SSD. It was playing back like butter for a while even without proxies, just like every other project with 4k 10bit footage on this machine. No keystroke delay for anything ever, it's super fast. Now after working on this project a lot, the keystroke delay isn't just 1/2 a second, it's usually between 2-5 seconds of the rainbow wheel, just to play back mult-cam footage or to do anything really, just select, make a cut with the razor tool, etc. EVERYTHING takes 2-5 seconds to do. I'm working so slowly on this video that's due today and there seems to be no way around it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive also been having awful performance with multicam sequences.

mac m1 max. 32gb. ventura 13.1. premiere 23.2

i just press play on the sequence and i get the rainboq ball of death spining for 5 minutes. dreadful!

all in proxy!

was this yet resolved??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  On 24.1 All mutlicam clips, full res or proxy, at all playback resolutions, on Mac Studio on SSDs, new project with only one muticam clip, never happened before...spinning beach ball, long waits. Tried re-creating multicams and using different projects. To no avail.  We hope this hindrance will be resolved asap.  We have not tried it on the new beta yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Adobe_Dude @Clare_Major @Anthony5ECB @toddl75602974 @Innov8ting 

Two questions for you all:

• Would you be able to provide screenshots of your entire Premiere workspace UI (all screens if you use more than 1)?
  • Would you have the freedom to share Project Files and Media so that we can try to reproduce these issues exactly as you are seeing them?

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate