• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Horizontal scroll buggy in version 23.4

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new update of Premiere Pro (version 23.4) horizontal scroll on the timeline hardly works at all. When I use a two finger swipe on my trackpad to move the timeline left or right, it normally moves very smoothly and moves long distances quickly. But in version 23.4 it hardly moves, and I have to push down hard on the trackpad and do really long swipes to initiate a (weak) scroll.

I ended up reinstalling version 23.3, and horizontal scroll on the timeline now works perfectly again.
I hope this will be fixed with future updates so I can always have the latest version.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hey everyone,

The engineering team has released a fix for a similar issue in the latest Beta. Could you try the Beta and let us know if that fixes your problem? Installing the Beta won't overwrite your current version of Premiere Pro. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Gotcha all - I was able to reproduce the scrolling bug on another system and we have submitted a fix for the issue. You should see all scrolling issues fixed in the next version. If anyone has time to download and test with the current Beta Version (Creative Cloud Desktop App -> Beta apps -> Premier Pro) - that would be awesome to make sure the issue is 100% fixed when we release the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Hello, 
This issue is fixed in Premiere Pro v23.5, which will be available the week of June 17. 

Regards,

Fergus

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
71 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue in Premiere Pro on my M1 Max Macbook Pro 2021 for over a year now and im finally done with it.. the timeline is so laggy when scrolling around, zooming in/out and dragging clips around and its getting VERY annoying. I feel like im working on a 1995 windows machine. this is unacceptable for how much we pay for this software. ive tried resetting Premiere preferences, reinstalling and everything multiple times.  P.S. this also happens on my older iMac as well.  Heres a video of it happening on the M1 Max Macbook Pro

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem. Trackpad is basically unusable now. It must be the new feature they called smoother mouse scrolling, which apparently does the opposite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to repro the scrolling issue on my end and it seems to work normally on my side. I have a couple of questions that would hopefully help me get to the bottom of this:

- Can you specify which hardware (Mac/Win, OS Version, Trackpad Brand etc) you're using?
- Can you check your OS Input Device Settings (for the trackpad) if there are any custom settings that might be causing this?
- Any additional plugins or OS Level Software that is installed on the system that could impact the track pad behaviour?

Is this happening in any other panels in Premiere or exclusively in the timeline panel?

Thanks & Greetings, Nico  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with 2 different macs. Both of the running 13.3.1 Ventura. Premiere version 23.4.0. Mac Mini M1 has Apple External Trackpad. For the Macbook air M2, it is built in trackpad. No external plugins are installed. Macbook Air is a clean install as well. Tracpad works, but it gives you a response after moving your finger around 1-2 cm. Problem only occurs in timeline area. Project section or any other areas run smooth. That problem also does not exist in premiere 23.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem after updating to last Premiere Pro. Macbook pro 14 M1 Pro, Macos 13.3.1 (a) , Premiere Pro version 23.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Timeline scrolling on my M1 Pro MacBook is unusable now. It needs long swipes to get a laggy scroll, even on a completely empty timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgrades to the new v23.4. It has a lot of improvements I'm verty excited about, like autosave and text-to-speech editing. One of those improvements is "Smoother mouse scrolling and movement". And it's literally the opposite. I'm using a 2023 Macbook Pro 16" m2 Max with 32 GB and it's terrible. The previous version (v23.3) worked way better. It's almost impossible now to scroll through the timeline. It lags a lot.

I made a video showing the bug:

https://youtu.be/NS1VGj__-7Y

Please fix this. I really want the new features but this bug makes it impossible for me to update. It's critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! It's lag on my too ! It's a hell to use premiere pro for work now !! ADOBE PLEASE FIX THAT 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also on a Mac with an M1 max and am having multiple performance issues but they started with version 23.3. Something changed in 23.3 that reduced overall usage in the cpu but gpu is now getting maxed even for light weight tasks. Maybe check the resource monitor while scrolling to see what is happening with cpu and gpu and then compare to 23.3 or even 23.2. May not be telated but worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, ver 23.4 and M1 max macbook pro, trackpad was working fine in 23.3 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes the timeline entirely unusable. Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with v23.4 on Windows 11 (on a Lenovo Legion 5) - it looks like it's interpreting the two finger drag as a 'pinch to zoom' gesture with virtually no movement (since your two fingers remain around the same distance apart) so it sometimes scrolls a tiny bit, basically nothing. The two-finger drag to scroll behaviour doesn't appear to work anywhere in the UI of v23.4. I have reverted to v23.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other panels seem to work fine. But the timeline panel is buggy. M1 Max Macbook Pro, 16"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Dragging in and outs on the timeline is incredible slow, laggy, and buggy as well. Worst update to premiere that I can remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to downgrade to v23.3. I can't work like this. I'll keep on living with the dreadfull AUTOSAVE POPUP OF HELL like i've always lived hahaha. I'll wait for maybe the v23.5 🫶🏼 Let's hope Adobe works on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that I'm in the same boat! 2021 Macbook Pro 16" M1 Pro and its extremely laggy scrolling through timelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! 23.4 has ruined mouse scroll functions...

Had to 'roll' back to 23.2

Reading a lot of similar threads, 100% an Adobe buggerd up!

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, extremely laggy on macbook m1 max... version 22 works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought i was alone or going mad - also exact same issue for me working on M1 Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going crazy with my trackpad - M2 Macbook Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just re-entered a project on the latest version of Premiere Pro on a Windows 11 laptop. 

I can't scroll along the timeline using the trackpad, or, holding the alt key, I can't zoom in and out of the timeline. 

It works fine on the program monitor and the source monitor, but not on the timeline. I am also able to expand each channel size by using two fingers on the trackpad and pulling the opposing corners into the center. However, scrolling and zooming still does not work. 

I have tried this on different projects, new projects and timelines with different footage and it is still the case. There are no issues with the laptop trackpad as functions fine on other Adobe programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software: Adobe Premiere Pro Version 23.4

Hardware: 2020 M1 MacBook Pro, 2020 M1 MacBook Air, 2021 M1 Pro MacBook Pro

Hello,

I've been using Premiere Pro for the past two weeks and I've noticed that in order for me to move "scrub" my Timeline to left to right with the trackpad, I have to swipe with my two fingers way more firmly now. There will be times it will not register any left/right sliding input at all unless I use the whole area of the trackpad, then I can finally "scrub" in the Timeline. I would like to note that zooming in and out in the Timeline works perfectly.

I've opened Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and the feature to move the canvas and artboards left, right, up, down, diagonally works perfectly, except in Premiere Pro. I've checked my settings on my MacBook for the trackpad, I've even tried unstalling/reinstalling Premiere Pro, installed Premiere Pro on a new MacBook, and the "srcubbing" delay is still there.

tracks_1.jpg.img.jpgPresentation1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I read your message and I'm concerned about this unexpected behavior. A similar issue is being investigated by the team right now, so I'll move your post into the bug reports forum. That way, the team can interact with your post and help you out with any answers there. The Discussion board is a user-to-user forum, so that will escalate your case. I hope that is OK.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for doing that, hopefully it's not too difficult a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate