Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird UV Generation issues

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am pretty new to 3D and I usually create my models in Blender and import them into 3D Stager to create a scene.

I have created a bottle model in Blender (using a simple cylinder) in which I'd like to add the labels to and create a scene for, however, when I generate the UVs via 3D stager, I get these weird distortions, seamlines and angles that make it impossible to add artwork to.

3D Stager's UV.pngSubstance's Generated UV.png

I attempted not to generate the UVs in 3D Stager and just exported the UVs that I guess Blender had created, and it certainly looks more normal and correct on the surface, however, I get these weird lines (which Ig I could erase) and it seems that the file is stretched vertically. I added a perfectly square shape on the UV so you can see the stretch.

Blender's UV.pngBlender's UV_in-3D-Stager.png

So I'm not sure what to do here because as an amateur modeling this bottle took me a bit and I didn't really do anything weird other than giving the cylinder some bevel in Blender.

If anyone knows how to generate proper UV's a better way please let me know.

Any other tips or tricks is appreciated.

PS: I have access to the Substance's other products (I have never used anything else other than Stager though)

Thank you very much!

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

For anyone else having similar issues, I solved my issue by properly unwrapping my UV in Blender and just exporting the UVs in 3D Stager. There are a lot of tutorials out there for unwrapping. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone else having similar issues, I solved my issue by properly unwrapping my UV in Blender and just exporting the UVs in 3D Stager. There are a lot of tutorials out there for unwrapping. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources