• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BC & Adobe ID - how it works and FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with the latest release, you can update your Business Catalyst account to use an Adobe ID, your Adobe.com account. This means one less login to remember and you can sign in with the same username and password you use to sign in to other Adobe products. Your clients will still use their existing Business Catalyst credentials.

How it works?

When you try to login to your partner portal or any of the sites with your credentials, you’ll be asked to merge your account with an Adobe ID:

merge.png

At this stage you have a couple of options:

1. if you already have an Adobe ID, you can enter it and merge it with your account.
    1. Please note that your BC credentials will be replaced by your Adobe ID account. From now on you can only use the AdobeID email address and password to login to any of your Business Catalyst sites and partner portal.
    2. This process is irreversible – you’ll need to use the new Adobe ID credentials to login
  2. if you don’t have an Adobe ID, you can create a new one. The recommended option is to use the same email address.
    1. Please note that your existing BC credentials will be replaced by your Adobe ID account. From now on you can only use the AdobeID email address and password to login to any of your Business Catalyst sites and partner portal.

After the merge is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation message.

IMPORTANT: After the merge is complete, your old Business Catalyst partner account credentials will be replaced with the Adobe ID credentials.This will happen for all the sites.

Please remember to use the new Adobe ID credentials the next time you try to login to any of your Business Catalyst sites and partner portal. All emails will be sent to the new email address associated with the Adobe ID (if it's different than your old BC email)

FAQ:

==== Merging Business Catalyst account with an Adobe ID account ====

I want to merge my account, but I want to keep the same email address that I used in Business Catalyst

In this case, you’ll need to create a new Adobe ID with the same email address, if you don't already have one, and use this Adobe ID when merging. Please note that if you set a different password when creating the Adobe ID, you’ll need to use the new password when logging into Business Catalyst

Why do I need to agree to the terms of use with Adobe Systems Ireland, if I don't live in Europe?

Adobe’s corporate structure is set up such that all customer transactions in North America are with Adobe Systems U.S.  and all customer transactions outside of North America are with Adobe Systems Ireland.

I’m trying to merge my account with an Adobe ID, and I’m getting “An error occurred” after entering the Adobe ID credentials

In this case, please try to login using the Adobe ID in order to confirm the error has not been caused by temporary connectivity issues. If you cannot login using the Adobe ID please try creating it again. If you still have problems, please contact the support team at: http://businesscatalyst.com/contact and provide:

• the URL of the site you try to login to
  • the credentials you use now
  • your old credentials (if you have merged the account)
  • and the error message you're getting

I'm trying to merge my account and I'm creating a new Adobe ID account, but I get this error: "This Adobe ID email address is already registered with Business Catalyst and cannot be merged with a different Business Catalyst account."

That error message is displayed because the email address that you have chose when trying to create the Adobe ID is already used as an Adobe ID, or is already used in the Business Catalyst system.

To solve this, enter another email address.

My webdesign shop that has several employees, each having their own BC login with access our Partner Portal. Do we need to create Adobe IDs for each of our employees?

Yes. Since these users are partner users, they need to use an Adobe ID.

While trying to merg my account with an Adobe ID,  I get this message: "Access denied. You are not eligible to use Business Catalyst services due to the Service Eligibility Requirements"

In this case, it means that the date of birth for the Adobe ID you've used has been selected wrong. To workaround this issue:

- delete the browser cookies and complete the merge with a new Adobe ID that has the legal age (your real date of birth)

- open in another browser the site/admin and complete the merge process again with a new Adobe ID that has the legal age

==== After completing the merge process ====

I’ve merged my account with an Adobe ID and now I cannot access my sites

Once you have merged your account with an Adobe ID, you’ll need to use the Adobe ID credentials to login. If you used the same email address but a different password, enter the new password when logging in. If you used another email address, enter the new email address and the set up password. Your Business Catalyst credentials will no longer work

I've merged my account with an Adobe ID, and now I get this error when trying to login: "Adobe ID login failed. The Adobe ID password you entered is incorrect."

To reset your password, click the "Lost password" link in the Login interface, and you'll receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password

I've merged my account with an Adobe ID and now all the emails sent from all webforms from all the domains I am connected to are sending to my Adobe ID email address. How do I change it so that they are sent to my old Business Catalyst email account?

When you merge your account, the old BC account is replaced with the new Adobe ID account. That's why all notifications are sent to the new email address.

To solve this, the only workaround would be to create an Adobe ID with your own email address - to do this, add that email address as an user on your partner site and file a support ticket to mark that user as a partner user. You'll then be able to complete the merge process.

I tried to change my Adobe ID email address on adobe.com and now I cannot login to any site

IMPORTANT: This workflow is not supported. You'll need to change the email address on adobe.com back to what you used, and you'll then be able to login again

I've merged my account with an Adobe ID but I want to change my email address - how do i do it?

This workflow is not supported. You cannot change the email address associated with the Adobe ID that you've created.

I've merged my account with an Adobe ID, but my First Name and Last name information has not been updated to match the Adobe ID information

This is a known issue  - the First Name and Last name fields don't get overwritten with the information associated with the Adobe ID

==== Other systems (webmail, FTP, API) ====

I had webmail in Business Catalyst before merging with an Adobe ID. How do I access my email now?

To access webmail, go to mail.your-site.com and enter your old webmail credentials (which should be your old Business Catalyst credentials).

I've merged my account with an Adobe ID and now my API calls that used the old BC credentials no longer work

After merging the accounts, your old BC credentials will no longer work. If you have used a different email address or password for the Adobe ID, you'll need to update the API calls to match the Adobe ID credentials that you use to login to any site or to your Partner Portal

I've merged my account with an Adobe ID and now I cannot connect to any site from Dreamweaver or other FTP clients

After merging the accounts, your old BC credentials will no longer work. If you have used a different email address or password for the Adobe ID, you'll need to update the site settings definition in Dreamweaver or other FTP clients to match the Adobe ID credentials that you use to login to any site or to your Partner Portal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines