Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business Catalyst product announcement

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the PAB meeting this evening, we wanted to give you this news in advance of any sort of public announcement. It’s very important that you keep this information confidential until March 26th. We appreciated the value that PAB members bring to our community — through content, templates, apps as well customer support on the forums and groups. We recognize how significant this will be for you and your team, so we wanted you to have some advanced information before putting this out to the entire community.

Adobe will announce that we are stopping new feature development Business Catalyst March 26th, 2018 with an End of Life on June 18th 2019. The specific milestones will be:

• March 26th, 2018 — Public Announcement, Site updated, Email going out to partners
  • June 18th 2018 – End of trial creation and new site upgrades
  • June 18th 2019 – End of life and all sites removed from platform.

I am attaching the recording from our meeting tonight ). https://my.adobeconnect.com/pre8tyvf8inf/ if you want to review some of the details. As discussed, if you would like to be part of the migration effort we are more than welcomed and appreciate your help. Please reach out to Cristinel (cranasta@adobe.com

I will update this forum later today with the promised information:

- exact phrasing of the site announcement

- complete FAQ

- exact phrasing of the email announcement going out to partners on Monday

Please allow me a couple of hours to format those in a shape that can be uploaded to the forums and easier for you to modify and shape for your own communication.

We appreciate all that you have done for the platform and the community throughout the years, and hope that together we can navigate the troublesome few months ahead.

Thank you,

Magda

TOPICS
Partner advisory board

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

As promised, you have here a document with the basis of our communication on Monday, as well as a short FAQ. It was designed for partners, but can be adapted for you to use with your own customers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Magda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Magda,

Did Adobe respond to our request for more time for the change-over?

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your feedback in last week’s meeting. Once again, you have been instrumental in helping us make the right call for our community.

We’ve heard your input and despite the short time frame we've managed to rally the executives behind us. Following several meetings over the weekend between several partners and the Adobe management team, as well as a review of your supporting documentation, we have worked out a plan to extend the EOL timeline to 24 months, making the new EoL date March 26th, 2020.

We hope that this will help you mitigate the changes with your customers and perhaps make it a bit easier to migrate your sites to a new platform.

Kind regards,

Paul.

P.S. By now I can also share why we could not break the BC EoL news to you sooner – we had to synchronize with other Adobe EoL events first, in particular the Muse EoL announcement, which will also go live today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At Pretty me and Brett always new there was going to be a drop off during the time period in the quality of service. That would naturally happen.

You guys stated that things will remain as they have in recent times (not much happening but things well maintained, fixed etc) during the EOL lead up.

The drop off has been quite alarming for me.

- Just the responses we been getting about issues

- Things like the documents have got broken with massive chunks of missing content or chunks of content replaced with just a "0"

- The spam issues and the responses on that

- The API issue which was not notified properly of

- The recent Email issues, while it was not really BC / Adobe fault - the support info was poor

- Communication has got worse because Magda moved on of course

- Support itself has seen a instant drop off in quality and time to respond (which was already slow)

- Things in the admin are and have started to not work, take the toolbox for example:

Screenshot 2018-06-15 13.34.46.png

And a few smaller things on the side too.

We need to Migrate off a dying solution but it becomes even harder when there are constant problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines