• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set up a multilingual website with Adobe Muse and push it live to Adobe Business Catalyst

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a multilingual website where my visitors will automatically be redirected to their languages pages based on their locale. (i.g. Dutch and English and French).

What actions are needed in Adobe BC to achieve this?

For the design of the site, I would like to start using Adobe Muse.

How should the document be designed (classified)?

What actions are needed in Adobe BC to achieve this?

Thanks for the effort. With kind regards. Carla@home

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Penny,

(Sorry for the very late reply). Honestly I've never thought about that. Your solution I've used to redirect a domain name to another domain name. But in my case my own site is in Dutch and English. I opted for the sub-folders. For Google Analytics you can even keep them separate by given the pages different GA-codes.

Although it would be nice if you could lay-out (structure) this already in Muse instead of making two separate files.

Thanks for sharing your tip.

Krgds Carla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the most easy way to do the pages then make the menu manual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone and here's my present for you for Christmas!

I've managed to get a multilingual site in muse, having tried all of your solutions, but never satisfied... so this is my solution.

Prepare a master page with all of your static and non-translatable page elements in it (ie. graphics, logos, ...)

Then, apply this master page to all of your localized pages. Localized pages contains all the contents that should be translated, ie text.

All you have to do now, is to create a mechanism for switching back to one language or another.

This is how I've done it.

I think you already have your page in your language; well: duplicate it and on the new duplicated page erase all elements that should be translated; then select all and copy this to a new master page; this is your language indipendent master page. Delete the duplicate page.

Go back to the original page and erase all the content you've copied in the master page above, so you'll left with only text and localizable graphics.

Apply the master page to this page and you're done.

Then I created a index page with some javascript in the head elements that, using GeoDirection | Geobytes redirects visitors based on their ip address to one page or another.

Working site here: Redirect - The Italian Excellence

Planning in Muse here

Cattura.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will need to look at that further.

In Australia and it loaded the Italian version for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAmn 🙂

anyway that's the easy part of the job  Easy to fix. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, pal!

I'd be VERY appreciated you to help me with 'redirection script' in correct example from you. I seen this link: GeoDirection | Geobytes but not clearly understand all of nuances of building such script. Could you help me with it?

Best regards,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ThomasD,

I really like your website and how smooth it links between the pages and languages. I was trying to rebuild the structure you posted a year ago, but I wasn't able to make it work. Would really appreciate it, if you could help me with the structure and linking.

Cheers,

Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I need to design a website in English and German, and have had a look at yours.

Seeing that your answer is from 2015, I wanted to know if it is still relevant? Or have you changed things around?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your Muse layout for me so I can better understand how you set it up? I see your website now has buttons for the different languages? (I am not interested in the redirecting.)

That would be great, thank you!

Kathrin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Kathrin,

... wenn Du eine Seite mit Muse bilingual machen willst, dann ist es am besten, Du nimmst einfach Icons der Deutsche Flagge und dem Union Jack (oder der US-Flagge) ... packst die aber nicht auf die Master, denn damit linkst Du dann zwar auf die Deutsche bzw. die Englische Seite, aber dann immer auf die index.html ... (ich kann Dir auch Sceenshots einer Seite schicken, die ich zweisprachig gemacht hab) ... es ist am besten, die Icons auf jede Page zu setzen und diese dann immer auf die duplizierte Seite (die dann jeweils in der anderen Sprache ist) ... auf diese zu linken ... also jede Page doppelt, eine immer Englisch, eine Deutsch ... oben immer die beiden Icons und darunter immer das Hyperlink auf die jeweilige Seite ... es geht auch, dass der User automatisch zu "seiner Sprache gelinkt" wird (wenn die Seiten die richtige Sprachangabe haben, was oftmals ausser Acht gelassen wird ... also jede Deutsche Page <html class="nojs html css_verticalspacer" lang="de-DE"> und vice versa ... einfach bei Page Properties die Spracheinstellung wählen ... dann erkennt er, ob`s ne Deutsche oder Englische Seite is und damit linkt er dann immer auf die entsprechende Seite:

EDIT [link removed by moderator]

... is Russisch, aber die is auch Englisch verfügbar und Du brauchst ja nur das Widget ... hoffentlich konnt ich Dir weiterhelfen ... weiss nich, ob ich mich verständlich ausgedrückt hab - is leider nich so mein Ding, aber solltest Du noch Fragen haben, ich schau mal wieder auf den Post ... und ... wenn Du irgendeine spezifische Frage hast, dann lass es mich einfach wissen ... tschüss ... viele Grüsse, Jan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan,

vielen Dank für Deine Antwort - darauf war ich dann auch schon gekommen Das mit der Spracheinstellung ist mir allerdings neu, danke.

Der Link wurde vom Moderator entfernt…

LG,

Kathrin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Angelam and Kathink.

I´m Sorry for my slow response. Soon I will explain how I have done it, it is very easy and I will be delighted. I'm doing some modifications on the web and I'll explain how I did it.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, very nice help here

my solution was, make another site, identical to the first one, but upload it to, say if site is www.example.com, the original version, upload the english version to www.example.com/en/ for english www.example.com/fr/

and for to change from english page to french page and still keep the content, meaning making the links update in function to the page u are visiting,

create a html code anywhere on the master page and put it on top of the flags corresponding to the country and add this code inside

<button style="

background: transparent;

border: none !important;

opacity: 0;

" onclick="var url = window.location.toString();

url  = url.replace('www.example.com/en', 'www.example.com');

url  = url.replace('www.example.com/fr', 'www.example.com');

url  = url.replace('www.example.com/hu', 'www.example.com');

url  = url.replace('www.example.com/nl', 'www.example.com');

window.location = url.replace('www.example.com', 'www.example.com/en');

">en</button>

this is to go on the english version aand make a button like this for every language

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is helpful for you as well:

In order to redirect the client right away to the right language, copy this into your .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} ^it [NC]
RewriteRule ^$ LINK LANGUAGE 1 [L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} ^de [NC]
RewriteRule ^$ LINK LANGUAGE 2 [L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} ^de [NC]
RewriteRule ^$ LINK LANGUAGE 3 [L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l

RewriteRule ^(it|de|en)/?$ index.php?lang=$1 [QSA,NC,L]

Change the language prefix according to what languages you use

Martin

www.winx.bz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really Martin as that is PHP code and BC is a SAAS so you do not have access to server code AND it is not PHP either AND not running on apache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines