• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a google e-mail account with my domain and want to move both my site and google e-amail to BC. But how do I move my goggle e-mail domain to BC?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Google e-mail account with my domain and want to move both my new site I have done with Muse and the Google e-amail account to BC.

But how do I move my Google e-mail account with my domain to BC?? Shall I do something in BC or in the Google account when I move to BC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.....can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you use gmail to manage your email account (with your custom domain) and you now want to use Catalyst? Is your domain now configured within Catalyst? Once your domain is configured take a look at this guide:

Business Catalyst Help | Set up POP and IMAP email accounts

If you have not already pointed your domain name to Catalyst you can read on that here:

Business Catalyst Help | Change the domain name of your site

-Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, we use gmail with our custom domain! And we have hosted our homepage and gmail with our custom domain, with another web hotel. Now we want to move over to BC both our homepage and the gmail with our custom domain.

I have not yet configured our homepage within B Catalyst, because I have also have to know how I shall move the gmail with our custom domain at the same time.

I have done this before: Business Catalyst Help | Change the domain name of your site

The problem is the gmail with our custom domain!!

I will not use the integrated email service in BC, as I have a gmail with our custom domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan Thomas!

I can't find out to move the gmail with our custom domain over to BC?

Here is a screencast of the system e-mail http://screencast.com/t/N86tlmVbJk

Thank you for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in the wrong place, you need to go to "E-mail Accounts" under System Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to create an IMAP account, you'll be able to access your account through any email client, or you can use mail.yourdomainname.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry , I can't find it? see screenmovie: http://screencast.com/t/p8SuSUkX2Q: http://screencast.com/t/p8SuSUkX2Q

The last menu I pressed on in this screenmovie is the same as I showed you on the screenpicture yesterday: http://screencast.com/t/N86tlmVbJk

Can't see "System Settings" anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need at least a webBasics+ account.

US Yearly Pricing | Adobe Business Catalyst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2014 Oct 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not true.

I have made another site 2 years ago with BC, without webBasics+ account, and had a gmail with our custom domain, and a IT tech helped me to set it up. But this time I want to do it my self.

You know as a Creative Cloud member you have 5 sites without charge (I have one left of this)

But I have also made a site with BC, with a ordinary e-mail account (not gmail custom domain) with the domain name where I bought the webBasics+ account and I set this up without problem ,  so I have tried that, so that is not the problem. It seems that you don't really understand the problem? The problem is to move our gmail custom domain to BC without to buy webBasics+ account. (this is what the IT tech does 2 years ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2014 Oct 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system may have changed since the last time they were able to set this up for you. I'm sorry I have never used a free account because of the limitations. I know you used  to be able to use an external Email provider, or use Google apps with your free account, but I do not think that is the case any longer. It looks like they've completely removed the option for free creative cloud subscriptions. This is what you are looking for:

http://rthomasdesign.com/images/EmailBC.jpg

If you do upgrade, here is a detailed description of how to setup your email with Google Apps:

Setting up Google Apps email with Business Catalyst

Google Apps is a service that allows you to manage a number of Google services such as email using your own domain name. For details, see Google Apps on Wikipedia.com.

To use Google Apps email with your Business Catalyst hosting, the name servers (DNS) for your domain must point to the Business Catalyst servers. For more details, see Add a custom domain name.

Step 1: Set up a Google Apps account

1. Visit the Google Apps sign up page.
  2. Enter the domain name you would like use with Google Apps email and click Submit.
  3. Specify your Google app account details and click I accept! Create my account.

That's all you need to do with the Google Apps screen for now. Leave this page open in your browser as you will return to this page later.

Now that you have created your account, you can set up your Business Catalyst site to use Google Apps email.

Step 2: Add your domain name to Business Catalyst

This step assumes that you have not added your domain name to your Business Catalyst site.

If you have already added your domain name to your site, you can skip this step and simply add the Google Apps mail (MX) records. See How to create an external MX record.

• Select Site Settings > Site Domains and click New Domain

• Enter your domain name and then expand the Advanced section. 

• Select Use your Google Apps account for email. 

• Click Save

Step 3: Verify your domain name with Google

If you have used Google Apps with your domain name in the past, then you do not need to verify your domain name.

Follow the below steps if you have not previously set up Google Apps for your domain.

1. Back in the Google Apps screen, select Setup > Verify domain ownership. 

Note:

If you have been logged out of the Google Apps account, log in using the user name and email you specified in step 1.

2. Click Next

3. Click the Alternate methods tab, and then select Domain name provider. 

4. From the domain registrar menu, select Other.

A verification code is displayed.

5. Copy the verification code, and log back in to your Business Catalyst site. 

6. Select Site Settings > Site Domains, and then select New Advanced DNS Record from the More Actions menu. 

7. Paste the Google Apps verification code into the Record Data field, and then click Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will try this, and let you know if it works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines