Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online learning platform

Participant ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am trying to determine if BC is a good solution for our organisation. We are a college planning the development of a website to deliver online learning in an innovative way. We want a site that has a public area which contains the marketing material. The client chooses their course in this public area, pays for it, and then automatically receives a login (username and password) via email. They then login to the secure part of the website and proceed to do the course, which should track their progress. Once the client has progressed through all stages of the course, they can then download their Certificate of Completion. Is this something that Business Catalyst can do, or is this outside its capabilities?

Cheers

Tiff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Hi Tiff

Sure. Business Catalyst is awesome for providing a LOT of functionality, delivered in relatively tight budgets. you still need a expert to design and build the site. And someone to help you engineer the advanced secure zone setup you're needing.

We've dealt with BC to LMS setups quite a lot. As Lynda suggests sometimes the LMS requirements can be a lot and, well, the only platform that can deliver this is an LMS solution. However they seriously lack the other awesome tools Adobe BC can del

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe BC can do what you need.

The only question I have is in relation to the course work. How would it be presented, tracked, etc. I ask this because I have a client who trains people with certain content. They use BC for everything except a few external tools that are specialized for the type of training they provide. So yes, it will work for most, if not all of what you need.

You are welcome to PM or message me if you need a BC Partner.

Lynda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently enrolled in Amity online- Best Online Courses Platform, doing my MBA but I don't know about the scope of BC nowadays. Would love to understand from the community its benefits and how can I use it for my online business later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This looks like a link building post with keywords. Please note that links have all the no follow no index injected in them so you can not use these forums for that purpose.

If this is a genuinie first post - Please note that this platform is EOL - It will not exist after a date next year - See the website. There is no point finding out about the platform as you can not generate new sites on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiff

Sure. Business Catalyst is awesome for providing a LOT of functionality, delivered in relatively tight budgets. you still need a expert to design and build the site. And someone to help you engineer the advanced secure zone setup you're needing.

We've dealt with BC to LMS setups quite a lot. As Lynda suggests sometimes the LMS requirements can be a lot and, well, the only platform that can deliver this is an LMS solution. However they seriously lack the other awesome tools Adobe BC can deliver. So you're left looking at potentially 2 systems and integrating them. Lets look at 2 scenarios:

SCENARIO 1: (If you're LMS requirements are minimal)

* We've used some software before called Articulate. It's reasonably priced (I think about $1200USD). You can buy this and use it somewhat like POWERPOINT to create really cool LMS style courses. This software spilts out HTML/CSS which you can embed and secure behind a secure zone in BC. Now you can engage a BC web agency to create your site and you'll manage the courseware behind the secure area.

SCENARIO2:

* Some people really want to have the power of a purpose built LMS. But use BC for all it's web front end and integrated marketing tools. This is very common. Each system has strong points.

So what we'd say here is to build out a Business Catalyst website complete with a front end system for buying access to a course.

* Then you'll set up your LMS system with all your courseware and tools.

* Then you build an integration between the two system. So when someone pays, they're login in created in the LMS. You can even set up recurring monthly access which expries if the recurring invoice in BC expires. Etc.

As with Business Catalyst, The exceptional new Liquid Markup features they're building. The new API system. Most things are possible.

Hope that helps.

I'm not sure we have capacity to take on any more work right now (maybe) however even if you found another partner to set up the BC website, the I'd be happy to build the API connectivity.

If you need any more advice just email me at brett@prettydigital.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write and provide such a wealth of information. I apologise for not replying sooner.

Kindest regards

Tiff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tiff

That's nice of you to reply

brett@prettydigital.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines