Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up email without site going live

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I wanted to know how I can set up an email without the site going live. Once I've added the domain into the domain area it goes live. I'm not ready for it to go live, but I want the email to work.

Does anyone know how to get around this? It's a bit of a newbie question, but I looked at the knowledgebase and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aunest,

Even if you could set up the email, it wouldn't work until the site is live anyways.

Unless, maybe you are talking about once the site hosting is paid for? Then there is a very easy solution here in this Kiyuco tutorial.

http://kiyuco.com/tutorials/install-a-functional-coming-soon-page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aunest,

Brad's correct on this. You have to pay for the site to use email and you also have to delegate your domain to us. There's no way around this.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to clarify, is the best way to handle this to set up a temporary "under construction" page*, hide all the other pages from view until we are ready to publish, pay for hosting, delegate the domain, and set up the email accounts which will go live as soon as the temporary page goes live?

*http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2143

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's correct, jmgd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines