Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shipping options FAQ

Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article has been ported to Shipping options FAQ

Can shipping options be imported?

User defined shipping options can not be imported. They need to be added one by one through Admin Console.

I just want to setup handling charge for my orders. I don't want to setup shipping options. Is this possible?

To have a handling charge added to an order you have to have a shipping option. If your shipping is $0 and you're charging your customers handling charge only, you will still need to create a shipping option and simply set the amount to $0 and call it something like "Handling Charge".

Do I have display the shipping options inside the shopping cart or can I display then on the registration step where the customer's address is collected?

Whichever type of service you decide to go with you have to setup your shopping cart to display the shipping options. Shipping options can only be displayed inside the shopping cart and can not be displayed on any other ecommerce checkout step, such as registration form.

I am creating a manual order and would like to apply the shipping to it from an integrated shipping provider. Is this possible?

Integrated shipping options only work on the front end. You will have to manually enter the amount for one of those options if you're applying the shipping manually or creating a manual order.

Can I setup my shipping options on per product basis?

The shipping options can not be set on per product basis. You can, however, have a per item handling charge added to the shipping cost. Shipping options can only be applied to the total quantity of an order.

How is the system handling shipping options if I sell a combination of electronic products, physical products and gift vouchers?

If you add an e-product or a gift voucher to the cart the shipping options dropdown will not be displayed unless you have a product in the cart to which shipping options apply.

I have shipping options enabled within my shop but sometimes certain orders go through without shipping. Why is that?

At times for whatever reason the customer my have disabled javascript locally.  To force shipping validation see Enable server-side shipping selection validation

How to limit shipping options to display under certain countries?

Select E-Commerce -> Shipping options -> Show more options -> Limit delivery to following countries.

Can I exclude shipping from catalogs?

Yes, select E-Commerce -> Shipping options -> Show more options -> Exclude shipping if purchasing from these catalogs.

Is there a limit to the amount of shipping options we can add and can we import?

There are no limits and how many shipping options you would like to add however there are no importing features for shipping options.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any plans in BC future for shipping label integration with sites like stamps.com, ups, etc? Not talking shipping cost like what is there not but rather like some open source platforms provide where you can one click a REAL shipping label and have it integrate with the billing aspects of the shipper like stamps.com - we have heard from clients this is a desired feature - right now it only is kind of available if using paypal as the gateway -

Thanks

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not something that's on the immediate roadmap, but it's good that you've posted it here. Our product management read the forums and will come across this requirement.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mario,

I realize this is kind of an old discussion, but just wanted to say that my company manages eCommerce websites for our customers using both OpenCart and Magento and one of the MOST requested features (that I wind up integrating using solutions like ShipStation and ShipWorks) from our customers is full shipping integration - printing labels, tracking #s, and automatically handling postage payments through connected accounts using Endicia for USPS, UPS and FedEx. Pretty much, whenever we have a new eCommerce site customer, we end up spending a ton of time integrating a 3rd party shipping solution. *crossing my fingers for a more robust Adobe shipping solution soon*! If that happens, I'll have a good reason to migrate away from the other open source eCom platforms and use BC instead!

- Lorraine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add my weight to the support for such integrations... the lack of any real shipping solution except for the most simple situations is a severe shortcoming in the BC solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

Is there a bug in the shipping option below:

Can I exclude shipping from catalogs?

Yes, select E-Commerce -> Shipping options -> Show more options -> Exclude shipping if purchasing from these catalogs.

e.g we selected several catalogues to be excluded. But when a customer orders a product not from any of those excluded catalogues (ie from an included catalogue like CatalogueID=125556), they still can't see the shipping option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Are there plans to add an option for products that ship by themselves in a separate box?

When you ship several products the system assumes everything is going to go in just one box.

There are some items that are large and do not fit in the same box (umbrellas, racks, etc)

This is very common and  we need to find a solution to charge customers the fair shipping charges.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't yu add the shipping cost into the cost of the item if it always has to be shipped and set the weight of the item to zero so it won't impact the calculation of shipping the otehr items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg:

Thanks for your idea, we thought about this but it doesnt fit the business model as the cost of shipping depends on several factors:

- are you shipping via ground or air

- are you shipping overnight?

- how far is the item going

- or the worst case: the end customer will use their own account.

So it is not fair to build the shipping cost into the price of the item.

I know this is not an easy to solve problem but I think the best solution would be for Business Catalyst to add a new option that states that the item will be shipped by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I test my shipping options using my developer test key from FedEx rather than using my production key?  Using the developer test key gives me a failed authentication.  Production key works fine.  Where can I go within BC to point my shipping url location to the test location?

Thanks,

Juliana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines