Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stripe

Guide ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I know there is a lot going on with BC right now, but I have to bring this up.

Is there any chance of getting Stripe added to the supported gateways anytime soon? I ask for a few reasons: 1) I know it has been requested by many people, 2) I have several clients that could benefit from using the gateway, 3) it is a seamless gateway that supports recurring payments without a monthly fee.

I have several clients that would like to use a seamless gateway but do not have the commerce to justify spending $20 to $30 a month on a seamless gateway.

I also have to add that is is frustrating having to tell clients that this is not an option. I understand you cannot add every gateway under the sun, every time someone request one but we really need more options. In my 4+ years with BC I cannot remember seeing any gateway added.

Again, I know this isn't a priority but I believe this should become a higher priority.

Thank You for the great work that has been going into BC!

Lynda

TOPICS
Partner advisory board

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reiterating Lynda's point...

BC doesn't need to work with every payment gateway under the sun, I don't think anyone's asking for that.

But in the 4 years since there's been any activity with BC on this front, Stripe has emerged as hands down one of the most widely used.  No CMS that's doing eCommerce isn't offering Stripe.  We're quite behind the curve here. 

For what it's worth, our agency isn't waiting around any more.  We're doing Stripe API integrations, which sucks because it's costing our customers a lot to get some features that, again, if we're looking at the market, should be included out of the box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Lynda and Devon. Having Stripe integrated in BC as one of the payment gateways is something that would benefit our customers and allow us to sell more sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynda,

Thank you for the suggestion. We are indeed seeing a lot of partners recommending that we integrate Stripe, and it is on our future development list. I will work with Cristinel to come up with a planning, but for sure we will be integrating this payment gateway in our future plans.

Magda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email.

I am out of the office today.

I will be checking my emails throughout the day and will be able to respond to any urgent matters.

Thanks

Madeleine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Important to keep in perspective guys...

BC has not really added any new payment gateways for years.... A really long time. In fact several payment gateways or features of them have been ended when API has changed or Buggy and stayed buggy (and thus not recommended) when Payment gateway API changes have been made.

The first Stripe request I saw was in 2012, and is one of 4 payment gateways that I can recall that have had a lot of requests. I can link 2 threads on Stripe from a BC representative who has said similar has Magda has.

Please keep those things in mind. Do not expect a same day email of something 2 weeks away to implement etc. It may be months if not years before you see it or could be sooner. Just be mindful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Liam

thats like saying the whole world has mobile phones but because it's Adobe you can't have responsive websites

took me 30 seconds to connect stripe account to a competing platform

the lack of core module development and excuses given is madness, pure commercial madness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you thought I was saying Fraser - But no.

Point was that BC has not implemented any payment gateways for a long time, and have said "pass on to the engineers", "Get back to you" On Stripe and others a few times over the years. For stripe specifically that is 3 years.

Magda will let the engineers know its been requested again of course she will, but it does not mean that an implementation is fourth coming.

I can not find it but there is a thread just like this and people responding a year later unhappy as they thought it was going to be implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam

I understand you.

You are saying do not expect Adobe to implement Stripe soon or in the near future.

I do not expect anything else or different from BC.

The issue, and it's always been the issue, is that we fall further and further behind other platforms due to the inability to keep up with the basic needs of a business user.

50,000 business users adopted the Tictail e-commerce platform in Europe.

Stripe and Paypal integration took me 30 seconds.

But oh no, we partners at BC can't have Stripe and even if we did have Stripe I'd have hours customising the basket and checkout.

I literally had a shop built in under 30 minutes using Tictail.

I can upload multiple images in one go too !

50,000 businesses in Europe have voted to go with Tictail.

How many businesses have voted to go with Shopify ?

My point is Adobe BC is like wearing a mullet haircut in 2015 - it ain't cool, it's out-dated and it ain't gonna get you laid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fraser DON'T do that while I am drinking coffee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly Fraser your not wrong - Slow development has been a thing of BC for a long time now, its crazy slow compared to other systems. I do not know the solutions for that but I hope BC really focus on addressing that but in a good way.

Been a little concerned on quality recently and that has to also remain - so there is a balance there to be made but defiantly be quicker.

That said, single systems verses SAAS as well as size and other factors have to be considered by everyone. While I do not disagree that BC should have had Stripe in there ages ago along with others, you have consider their PCI compliance, shared security certificate and so on.

And with that, the stuff from google search and HTTPS while not a factor now does look like a direction... Firefox will now lead to less support of features for non HTTPS sites and google has already said they will look to do the same with Chrome as well.... SO... BC looking at core features, one will probably have to be offering personal domain secure certificates at some point in the near future. This means some core changes to how BC sites to work all the way from system down to their javascript, buttons.. and so on. Fair bit of work there.

And ideally you would want a means to install your own payment gateway - seamless and non seamless options you could integrate so it would be scalable... BUT how do you do that and not open up BC to security issues and how do you keep your PCI compliance.

Always lots to think about, would love to see more do do do from BC but there is always "more that meets the eye".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Liam

I don't think Adam and Bardia had an issue developing a multiple SAAS system quickly !

Add EU Taxation issues to SSL and PCI Compliance to the list of e-commerce functionality really means that currently BC isn't really fit for market purpose.

Why would a web developer with a good skill set  go with BC when he can go with Magento for e-commerce ?

Why wouldn't a business owner go with Shopify or a single SAAS e-com solution when all they wanna do is sell stuff ?

I am reminded of Steve Jobs in 1997 when he was asked what his team had been doing for 7 years.

Steve Jobs Insult Response - YouTube

He reminded his investors that you have to put the customer experience first and work back to the technology.

BC have put the technology first and have completely forgotten about the business user and even the web developer.

I hope BC prove us wrong.

ps: Bill, sorry for the coffee spill !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At that time Fraser BC was not owned by Adobe and having to conform to a lot more legal stuff, plus BC was not the full audited PCI level compliance it is today.

Again, I do not argue with the lack of features, the EU one is a big one not addressed for a while down to the small critical bugs like products with free shipping in the cart - all products in cart have free shipping. To much and not enough progress addressing them.

In terms of why do people leave shopify? Many do after being on their, Some things are similar - Shopify core features are a little slow to update but more so, the policy of taking a peace of the sales you make and that increase as your store gets bigger gets to be quite a lot. Shopify make a lot of money off your store success and you loose a fair bit on that.

Paying Merchant, Payment gateway and Shopify is a bit much for many.

You got to have quality coming out and there is a balance for that, but BC HAS to address their bug fixing and feature work and stop the many many varied migrations they do... Product is behind for sure but the bigger problem is the pile of paper stacked on their desk digging a bigger and deeper hole for themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines