• Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Spezielle Community für Japanischsprachige
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden
Gesperrt

The blog on the Iphone are showing the desktop version. Could somebody help ??

Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

The blog on the Iphone are showing the desktop version. Could somebody help ??

I upgrade my from webBasics+ to webMarketing to get a blog.

I  done the integration to BC from this video Adding Business Catalyst features to your Muse sites - YouTube and a webinar from

https://experts.adobeconnect.com/_a204547676/p694ryibchc/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&p bMode=nor...

I made a page on desktop version on Muse , and called it "Main-template" and put this code "{tag_content}" in by Object> insert html.

- and did the same in Phone version on Muse.

and made a link "/my-blog" as link.

But this only worked on the desktop (worked perfect), - but in the Iphone it shows an empty page, when I pressed on "blog"

Then I contacted BC support, and they said I should use this code to put on this page "{module_blogsitepost}"

- and now it works-.....,  BUT........ now you only see the the desktop version on the Iphone?

I have used SOOOO much time to find out what to do?

I contacted BC support again, and was told that it needs some customization, but they didn't know what customization, - and they asked me to put this question on this forum.

I also was told that the desktop version of the blog worked perfect, and that The mobile support just works fine for pages, but for module (like blog) there is no direct way as Module is pulled from Server.

So it looks like the blog in BC is only for desktop?

As fare as I know is that the Phone are more used than desktop? Some people have not enough money to have a desktop, and therefore they only have an Iphone

So what can BC do to help us to integrate the blog on the phone version?

Can somebody help me??

Thank you so much in advance.

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Kopiert

Could somebody help me?

The desktop version showing only the half of the phone screen, - about 190 pixel on the left side of the phone.

- why? it looks awful!!

- what shall I do?

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Adobe-Mitarbeiter ,

Kopiert

Can you please share a link to your website so we can have a look?

The idea is that module_blogsitepost and all the other modules render an HTML output that you need to style for it to look as you want in different viewports.

Thank you.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Kopiert

mstoichi have sent you a message.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Kopiert

Did you get my message mstoichi‌?

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Adobe-Mitarbeiter ,

Kopiert

Yes Hanna, I got it. Sorry for the delay, hectic day yesterday.

I'll share the screenshot you sent to me: 2016-01-19_1045 - ha4010's library

The WYSIWYG editor you are using in the screenshot above will never render a page like a browser should as it does not take into account all style rules in the CSS you are using.

For a better understanding of how your website design reacts to certain resolutions (desktop/tablet/phone) use the browsers inspector tools and their respective responsive modes:

Firefox: http://prntscr.com/9serwm

Chrome: http://prntscr.com/9seu04

Depending on the resolution, you probably have in your CSS @media Rules‌ that will style your menu accordingly.

Hope it helped.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Kopiert

AKTUELL

Hello Hanna,

I was looking over this issue you're having and it's probably generated by the fact that there are two places, one in Muse and one in BC, that allows you to create content for Desktop and Mobile.

In my opinion you should always leave Muse handle the design, implicitly the Template creation and editing.

For your site, you have the Mobile Templates for Responsive Site enabled (Site Settings ---> Mobile Support) but at the same time my guess is that when you're working in Muse in the main screen, the one that shows an overview of your project the Phone is not checked. Most like you have a Desktop and then two other layouts with a + sign, +Tablet and +Phone.

If you click on the +Phone a pop-up will display asking to create the Phone Layout and if you're willing to copy it from an existing one. Since your intentions are to use a different layout just leave the None selected.

Once you finalize this step you'll see that you can switch between the Desktop and Phone layouts and whenever you're doing this your site pages together with master pages are changing entirely. You can have a different set of pages for each layout.

I'm guessing that this is the situation because I can clearly see the layouts enabled in your site admin (as mentioned above) and into the "phone-main-template" template file the reference to the CSS files for the mobile, so they will load the mobile layout while you're into the WYSIWYG editor. If you also switch to the "Phone Content" while you're into that template you'll see that you're only having the tag_pagecontent there and, that's because Muse doesn't know about a second layout, for Phone, and so it publishes the code for the Desktop.

Please follow the mentioned steps, you may even create a new Muse project, just to play a bit with the Desktop and Phone layouts, publish to a new trial site make sure the site is on webMarketing at least so you can explore more with the Blog module and then once you have it all figured out modify the existing project to make it act like you need it, respectively to respond to different devices that access the site.

Leaving Muse to handle the Template it is the best thing to do with the purpose you're having while choosing to design the site in Muse.

I hope this will help.

Cheers,

Cristian

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines