• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Difference Between,Free, Standard and Premium Partner?

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey alI I am wondering what the difference between these three are. From what I've read I see no difference at all except in term. Free partner I guess is when you sign up to BC and use your free site that they give you? I have not done that yet so I don't know what the steps are. I am trying to figure out which way I want to go with this. Let me give a hypothetical. So say I personally never buy a site but I develop a site or sites for a client or clients and host it on BC but I have them send me the payment and then I pay BC for my clients site/sites. What does that make me a free partner still? Let's say I get the cheapest BC site for myself and have a client paying for a site (would it matter which type of site). Does that make me a Premium member? What the Hell is a Premium versus a Standard member ? Let's say I got most expensive site myself and the client got the cheapest site does that make me a Premium member? I see no real answer too this question in the resources for BC. Please help, Thanks all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Everyone is a 'standard' or free partner, even if you have a paid for hosting package. Premium partners are companies / people who have paid adobe $1000 or $2000 for premium status which came with a large collection of benefits including complete white labelling + setting the billing costs etc.

I recently reached out to the BC accounts team, within the last 4 weeks as I wanted to get the white labelling, and they informed me that BC no longer offers the premium (paid) accounts.

bc white label.PNG

Kind regards,

Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone is a 'standard' or free partner, even if you have a paid for hosting package. Premium partners are companies / people who have paid adobe $1000 or $2000 for premium status which came with a large collection of benefits including complete white labelling + setting the billing costs etc.

I recently reached out to the BC accounts team, within the last 4 weeks as I wanted to get the white labelling, and they informed me that BC no longer offers the premium (paid) accounts.

bc white label.PNG

Kind regards,

Nate C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally did not know they had stopped offering those. That is a shame, I do not understand why not.

BC should have an Agency account and then a Freelance Account etc really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand either. I actually left my previous agency to start up a Bespoke BC agency and was after the white labelling, was willing to pay etc and... well yea.. they stopped doing it 2 weeks before I launched my new agency >_<.

I do think they need to simplify the 'categories' down a bit, maybe like you suggested Liam, an Agency and Freelance account. Agency costing as it would include white label and Freelance being free, but without white label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌There are these rumors that Adobe plans to offload BC and I tell you what this does not give me any confidence that they are not aligning to do so.  It seems inevitable with the other recent moves to there model and platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How likely do you think it is?

Is it worth putting the time and effort into building a BC site if it's going to get closed down in a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC isn't going to be shutting down in a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynda-S,

Glad that you are categorical.  Do you have any news to reassure the community?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I did but hearing rumors and saying something like "it's going to get closed down in a few months" isn't logical.

First, BC is still updating the system. That's a good sign.

Second, there are agencies with hundreds of sites on BC and many more smaller agencies with many more sites on BC. You just don't turn off a system that large in a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, perhaps I badly worded the question.

I'm pleased it's unlikely to be very soon. However, I'm in need of a bit of reassurance and Adobe are silent.

As an outsider, information seems woefully out of date.

The marketing videos suggest you can use the system as a core product offering, which to me now look at the very least inaccurate. With no new standard/premier partners are being accepted.

Which doesn't look good and increases my concerns, especially as to expected lifespan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you as to the lifespan and I don't think anyone was truly thinking BC will "shutter" but as to a sale now that's a different story. Along with a sale comes major change and uncertainty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's pretty unlikely that BC will get sold any time soon.

Adobe's put quite a bit of effort integrating BC into it's other applications such as Muse. I find it highly unlikely they'd sell one without the other at this point. Additionally to Muse they've bundle in BC hosting packages into the creative cloud now, which to me any way, indicates they want to keep hold of it for future plans. But, that's just speculation we can't say anything definitively.

Regarding the Partner packages, if you read what Magda said to me, it seems quite PR'y. "At this time..." may indicate they're making big changes to the partner portal and it's surrounding systems? "... we do not offer the white label options any longer." And them no longer offering the white label could be an indication that the system updates can't support white labelling any more.

Just food for thought, but I would love to get a definitive answer from someone from Adobe.

Nate C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People need to stop listening to those rumors. They have no basis. They started from a stupid, unknowledgeable, statement from a non-BC source, and partners have been circulating the rumors and trying to read between the lines with every BC statement ever since.

The only thing we can definitively say through all of this is that BC is not very good at handling the rumor mill. They let everybody else tell their story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines