• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the recommended coded Website Design to Upload to BC?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just subscribed to the Gold BC plan and will be creating a website primarily to take advantage of the BC CRM & Marketing tools.

(Straightforward website with no ecommerce shop)

I already use Adobe Muse and I like it - but some say it's not the cleanest of code - which I can live with.

My question is: What is the best way to design the website given that I will need to edit the code / integrate it with BC Features.

Can I design a straightforward HTML site using bootstap or any html editor.....OR should I build it from scratch from within the BC platform....OR Start with a Universal Template ...OR Buy a Template from e.g. BC Gurus?

I am trying to figure out what way would be best as it will utimately be a Business Catalyst" site.

So upload a very clean coded html site - or is it an advantage to use Muse?

Many Thanks

James

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use any editor and use FTP to upload. Personally I wouldn’t use the editor in BC to code anything. I use VSCode and FileZilla. BCGurus are good and I think they use Foundation for their templates. Bootstrap also works. depending on what you need Muse maybe fine but I think some of the functionality of your package doesn’t Work so probably not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sftp - Visual Studio Marketplace
Direct into VSCode would increase your workflow rather then using FileZilla, just as a note

But Original Poster - Muse wont get you 100% what you may want to do in BC and customise so an editor of your choose really is a better option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which plug in do you use Liam? I tried a while back and it just wasn’t working for me So I used FileZilla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one I linked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops didn’t see that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys for your help. I think I din't quite word the question correctly. I really wanted to know if I can design any website and load it into BC so I can use all the BC features. e.g. Build a website in Bootstrap Studio and upload the html then start adding the BC Functionality. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While BC like any CMS has its problems, issues, workarounds and positives that may hinder exact solutions for a web design/development... You can pretty much do and build what you want - yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines