• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

R190 System Update - Scheduled to go live September 10th, 2013

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are announcing a new Business Catalyst release, scheduled to go live on Tuesday, September 10th.

Please refer to our blog post for an overview of all major changes.

In this release, we're introducing the ability to set metadata for products, similar to the previous feature we've done for blogs.

To show the Products Meta description, change the HTML for the Individual Product Large Layout to include the corresponding tags in the <head> tag. You can use {tag_productmetatitle} and {tag_productmetadescription} to output the product title and meta description, and they can be used for other meta properties as well.

Here's a code snippet:

<html>

<head>

<title>{tag_productmetatitle}</title>

<meta content="{tag_productmetadescription}" name="description" />

<meta content="{tag_productmetatitle}" property="og:title" />

<meta content="{tag_productmetadescription}" property="og:description" />

</head>

<body>

...... rest of the product template code..........

</body>

</html>

To populate the Meta description for your products, you can use the product import - we've updated the export and the import files with a Product Meta Description column, it's the last column in the import template file.

Note: You still need to import all the product information (fill in all the rows and columns) even if only wanting to update the Product Meta Description.

Issues fixed in September release                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Issue #Description
3573073When displaying webapp items, the output of {tag_addtofavorites} does not change to "Remove" once that webapp item is added to the favourites list
3573985Viewing all campaigns causes a page crash, when having a large number of follow up campaigns
2892073The Reports-> Summary-> Visitors-> Visits by source-> Referral report includes the site domain in the list of referrals
3117057Re-arranging form fields is not saving properly, when having a large number of fields in the webform
3580368 Importing Wordpress blogs does not work with some specific import files
3591212 Customer Service Ticketing no longer sends emails to relationship users, when replying to a case
3590455Customer Service Ticketing no longer sends emails to the BCC email address specified in the CST Settings
3567997You get "An error occurred processing credit card" error when submitting a webform by using an Auto-fill browser extension, and that webform has the Anti-Bot Fraud Protection field enabled (has the module_ccsecurity in the webform HTML)
3579750Orders placed through PayPal standard are processed at Paypal, even though the "Do not finalize my PayPal transactions" Paypal Standard option is enabled, under E-commerce->Payment Gateways
3513305 Enable ability to set meta data for catalog pages and products pages, without having 2 metadata descriptions on the products detail pages
3599751Exporting campaign list subscribers downloads only 4 columns (full name, email address, optin status and subscribe date) - enable ability to download more customer details
3513665Cannot set Role Responsible for Products through import/export of products
2876577 "Tax Never applies" product option is exported as a blank value like the "Tax Not applicable" option. Also, importing products with "Tax Never Applies" does not set the tax to "Tax never applies"
2866150Pages imported as 301 redirects should be set to be "Excluded from search results" so they don't show up in the search results

TOPICS
System updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so glad you fixed bug 3567997. I was about to open a ticket when I saw this post. Thanks BC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep,

Been pushing to get that in asap. So thats great

Considering the migration and we have had no updates recently its appreciated this has been squized in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay for updates! Are there any plans to be able to specify the canonical url for products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes any update on this?

I have numerous clients asking about cannonical URLs for products.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me three for canonical url for products. Our SEO for blogs are awesome but not for products.

(Great to see some updates too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Great to see you all happy about the updates. We're looking into a way to enable you and your customers to select canonical URLs for products - this will be available in one of the future releases.

Stay tuned

Florin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest way I see is being able to tick one of the urls that are rendered at the top.

Then your end you simply add the conical into the head on that url.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Florin

<head>

<meta content="{tag_description}" name="description" />

<meta content="{tag_description}" property="og:description" />

</head>

In the Catalog layout causes the og description to render more then once for some reason.

Also you can not set a title of a catalog at this time. {tag_name} renders a hamtl link and there is no {tag_name_nolinkl} currently for catalogs.

A lot of people use the catalog description to include html as well and you can not use this in this case for the above example either.

Suggestions.

1. Include SEO fields for catalog as you have products with two new tags

2. Allow _nolink on catalog name

3. Offer tag option to have plain text description (if not doing option 1)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that the SEO Metadata Product Meta Description field

<meta content="" property="og:description" />

isn't working?

Yesterday I updated 10 products on our website myself and now all the data I had definitely put into  is missing.

We also use the page properties description field - <meta content="our content in here etc" name="Description" />

Could that be causing an error? I was told by support I could use the SEO Metadata AND the page properties fields without any errors.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have the module tag in there and that placed in the large product layout as outline by the BC team. Have you done that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Thank you for replying.

I have the following in the large layout:

<head>

<meta name="description" content="{tag_productmetadescription}" />

<meta property="og:title" content="{tag_productmetatitle}" />

<meta property="og:description" content="{tag_productmetadescription}" />

</head>

and when I click on page properties of an actual item it adds to the html:

<html>

<head>

<title>the page title i use in the pop up box</title>

<meta name="Description" content="the description i use in the pop up box" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="the keywords page title i use in the pop up box" />

</head>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not touch the page properties. Use the new direct page title and description fields directly on your product. You should see that new dropdown section.

In tersm of the source of your large product html it will add tat html in there but on the rendered page you will notice it is moved into the head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam, I was using that new dropdown section but the Meta Description wasn't saving. I did 10 yesterday and today some were missing which I'd definitely done yesterday. (Maybe it's something to do with onesaas which exports and reimports the products to sync with our accounting and inventory system?)

To be on the safe side I'm now copying the data from meta description into a custom 1 field in case it vanished again i can recopy and paste it back and not loose hours of rewriting etc.

Plus I found the tag to show the more options-keywords on the pages too.

So what i've learnt (in case anyone else is as lost as me..)

1. Don't touch product page properties. (I'm going to go through and delete all mine)
  2. On the product large layout page have:

<html>

<head>

<meta content="{tag_productmetadescription}" name="description" />

<meta content="{tag_tags}" name="keywords" />

<meta content="{tag_productmetatitle}" property="og:title" />

<meta content="{tag_productmetadescription}" property="og:description" />

</head>

(Does that sound good Liam?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to back liam's suggestions here: All 3.

it's a clear missing for BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Liam,

Try including

<head>

<meta content="{tag_description}" name="description" />

<meta content="{tag_description}" property="og:description" />

</head>

in the Overall layout (called page_content.html) in the Develop tab or over FTP, and remove it from the Catalog layout.

That should render the current catalog description.

Let me know if you get it working like this.

Florin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY is Domain Whitelisting for Newsletters NOT on this list?????????

Do you guys have any idea why you are doing these updates or you just throw them together and not let us know about them? Neither blog nor this post mentions it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because that was a few releases ago and documented on the blog before and after the release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please provide links for those updates?

Also, why did it only go live today? August newsletter I did, did not trigger the redirect!!!??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March/April/May releases do not mention Domain redirection towards Newsletters.

All my newsletters I did for June,July, August did not need whitelisting. Yet this month they do.

That is why I'm confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People have been posting about it on the forums for about a month.

This is the help guide for anyone: http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/enable-links-external-domain-names.html

I have also reached out to the team to see if they can write a blog post outlining the feature in more detail to help people out to understand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...does BC have some kind of newsletter letting Partners know about new features that I could sign up for?

Its seems as if I need to put together both Blog information and Forum information to get final picture on the update. Instead of getting ALL the features in one email or one place.

Thanks for the help Liam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blog, and you can subscribe to the RSS feed.

status.businescatalyst.com is also a thing you should follow as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam

Sorry to dredge up old topics but I couldn't seem to find the best answer. Before individual product meta, you were not able to have both catalogue and product with unique meta data as it would end up doubling up meta descriptions. Are you able to have a unique title and description for both catalogue and title using this method? If so, what steps do you need to take to achieve this? I've added the specific tags to my large product view, but how am I able to display different meta description content on my catalog page?

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines