Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A lot of BC provisional websites, done with muse get disabled

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I get more and more mails from BC, that my provisional websites get disabled like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-16 um 17.29.47.png

I guess, it is best to directly ask you ankushr40215001​ and Preran​  about this.

Maybe some others here get the same?

I did never have any BC subscription, so I don`t know what to do, my response to them just gets ignored so far.

Best Regards and Thanks in advance,

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe, With the deployment of Release R231, we tracked and disabled the CCM sites which has expiry date in the past. The sites under your account has expiry date set to 06-March-2018 that is site was disabled and you get the message. We have re-instated the site. If you have any more sites, please raise a case with Adobe Business Catalyst support at https://businesscatalyst.com/contact Regards, Gaurav Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a great step to prevent user assistance!

Actually 7 active and 7 expired sites out of about 100 demonstration sites are remaining in my case! The community members can’t reach them any more and can’t download the corresponding .muse files.

The work of years – gone. What a nice weekend present!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Aggarwal%2C+Gaurav  schrieb

If you have any more sites, please raise a case with Adobe Business Catalyst support at https://businesscatalyst.com/contact Regards, Gaurav Aggarwal

Hi Gauray, so I (and we) give feedback to each of the sites that are expired?

In my case it may be arounf 70 to 80 - most of them as Günter Heißenbüttel​ sites for muse forum purposes.

The sites for clients and upcoming clients are updated anyway every one or two weeks, but overall this is not really custom support, is it? Would have been more userfriendly to let MUSE tell us the story about expired sites so they can provide something similar?

Some more time would have been great, too for reacting.

I must admit, that so far I don`t know, if there´s a "correct" answer possible.

Thanks in advance,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Starting last week and in preparation for the upcoming European data retention regulations (GDPR and related), we have begun enforcing some of the data retention policies we already had in place and have been announced previously. We have not changed any policy, we’ve just started to enforce existing policies:

We understand this may be an inconvenience for some, but we are just weeks away from GDPR becoming enforceable and we need to move forward with enforcing our data retention policies.

Thank you,

The Adobe Business Catalyst team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please have clarification on this point:

You can currently extend expiry of a trial site up to something like 2 years in shorter increments. So is there a 30 day grace period after a trial site expires before it is deleted? What is our window to extend the expiry if we need to? I have checked our current sites and the "Extend Expiry" button is not yet activated and some expire within a week or two.

I found this on the 2012 blog article about the issue, but would like someone to confirm that this is correct?

• Automatic trial expiry extension - with this release, trial site expiry date will be automatically extended with 30 days every time an admin user logs in the system through the admin interface or through FTP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is correct. Trial expiry is automatically extended with 30 days when logging in admin or through FTP

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Cristinel,

So will trial sites be deleted as soon as they expire? The scenario I envisage is where we've completed a development and are waiting on something from the client. We may not have logged in for 30 days, but the site is technically still in development and we are wanting to launch, will it be deleted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, going forward, the timeline for deleting a site is:

• a trial site is valid for 30 days since last login to the site
  • If no one will login in the last 30 days, the site will be deemed inactive and will have admin disabled 7 days after the 30 days have past (37 days of inactivity);
  • If the site continues to be inactive, the site will be globally disabled (front-end and admin) 30 days after it has expired (60 days of inactivity)
  • If even in this situation the site will remain inactive, will be scheduled for deletion 28 days after it has been globally disabled (68 days of inactivity in total);

Hope this helps,

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cristinel@adobe  „… inconvenience for some“ – what a word! Not for „some“, not for us, but for the Muse community! My test sites never were created for me, but for support reasons in this community! This support is gone now, and I won’t recreate these sites again, nor would I backup them on my private computer to publish them, when requested by users, who expect a solution by trying to follow such a dead link.

Please be aware, that this really kills and has killed a crucial element of application support. But it is your decision …

Any idea, what we can do instead? Should we buy our own webspace or hosting service to provide support for other users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines