Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change text view cart

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have to change the "view cart" text in "Afrekenen". This is controlled in the {module_shoppingcartsummary,vertical,} which i am using in my template.  Here's a link to my page i'm working on: http://grootaartseuronics.businesscatalyst.com/index.html Now i know there is a javascript to replace the text in a button. But all i need to do is simply change the text. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Frank

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Frank,

When you have nothing in the shopping cart your module will output this:

<td class="cartSummaryItem">Winkelwagen is leeg.</td>

Then when you add something to the cart the module gives you this link to view cart:

<td class="cartSummaryItem"><a href="/OrderRetrievev2.aspx?CatalogueID=31738" class="cartSummaryLink">View Cart</a></td>

So you have it correct now, with just the module and the js snippit. But you are also going to need jQuery on the page, above the snippit.  You can use this CDN so a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Frank,

As far as I know there is no way, other than javascript, to change the text in that button.

Here is the javascript needed to change the text:

http://jsfiddle.net/chaddidthis/4TQeV/

Hope this helps.

Chad Smith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your answer. I looked into it. But i can't get it to work. I have implemented the js-code. But i can't find this:

<a href="#" class="cartSummaryLink">View Cart</a> Should i add this somewhere?

The Module is called {module_shoppingcartsummary,vertical,}, and when you add this to a page or template you see the link: view cart in it. So how can i change this text?

Thanks,

For helping me, i hope i find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank,

When you have nothing in the shopping cart your module will output this:

<td class="cartSummaryItem">Winkelwagen is leeg.</td>

Then when you add something to the cart the module gives you this link to view cart:

<td class="cartSummaryItem"><a href="/OrderRetrievev2.aspx?CatalogueID=31738" class="cartSummaryLink">View Cart</a></td>

So you have it correct now, with just the module and the js snippit. But you are also going to need jQuery on the page, above the snippit.  You can use this CDN so all you need to do is place this script above the other js files on your template. Then the snippit should work.

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Hope this helps,

Chad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your answer! It works, again an issue solved.

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

I have to say that the solution almost solved the problem. There is one issue. The "view cart" text is replaced, but when i add another product to the cart, the "view cart" text is back... When i refresh the page or go to another page the "view cart" text is replaced again.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an issue, how do you remove the "1 item(s)," section. I want it to just display the price. Thats all.

Thanks for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines