• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting this whenever I try to access my site via admin login or by url:ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Please get in touch with support team,

use your system domain to login to admin panel

Administration Login

go to help and support and you should see the chat option, let them know about this.

Do let me know if you have any question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I please have the URL of the site you'd like me to take a look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brittanylegasey.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please login to your domain registrar, and confirm if you have used 54.236.189.61 to create A records.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have. Please see the attached screen shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a conversation with Bluehost, and they want you to get in touch with them,

u2zoBrA.png

They will ask you for records, as you are using external settings, ask them to check this article

Add a domain name to your site using an external DNS service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is my chat with them. This really makes no sense and my site has been down for over 24 hours now.

Chat ID: 5117518. Question: Provider: Bluehost - My Domain is: "brittanylegasey.com" "Hi, I had a conversation with Bluehost, and they want you to get in touch with them, http://i.imgur.com/u2zoBrA.png They will ask you for records, as you are using external settings, ask them to check this article Add a domain name to your site using an external DNS service"

5:18:10pmTravis
Hello! :] Thank you for contacting Support! My name is Travis and I'll be assisting you today! Please be patient with me as I'm handling multiple chats. During this time I ask that you don't make any changes to the account unless specified so I can get you the best results. Can you please provide ONE of following: the last four characters of the Account password, the last four digits of the credit card on file, or your PIN(if you created one in the Account tab of your cPanel). 
5:18:49pmBrittany
602!
5:19:06pmBrittany
business catalyst help told me to get in touch with blue host
5:19:10pmTravis
Thank you, one moment while I validate the account! 
5:19:20pmBrittany
this is ridiculous it's the second time i've had to contact this company today
5:21:05pmTravis
Okay so you are trying to add a domain to this account or point one away?
5:21:40pmBrittany
i am trying to make my domain go to business catalyst
5:22:02pmBrittany
did you even read the initial prompt i sent
5:22:05pmBrittany
omg
5:22:08pmTravis
Okay and those dns records are in that link?
5:22:21pmBrittany
what?
5:22:27pmBrittany
i updated the dns with an a record
5:22:34pmBrittany
and verified that it looks as it does with adobe
5:22:33pmTravis
I did but it wasn't clear because of the way it was written. Just wanted to clarify.
5:24:02pmBrittany
okay
5:24:34pmBrittany
blue host did something to my domain name
5:25:01pmBrittany
the name servers and dns are appropriate to what business catalyst requires for external sites
5:26:05pmTravis
Okay one moment.
5:29:13pmTravis
So just to clarify the namerservers are pointed away and you are wanting them here and then point an a record to business catalyst?
5:29:43pmBrittany
I DONT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH BLUE HOST
5:30:14pmBrittany
BUSINESS CATALYST TOLD ME TO CONTACT YOU BECAUSE I SET UP BLUE HOST CORRECTLY WITH NAMESERVERS DIRECTED TO BUSINESS CATALYST AND AN A RECORD TO BUSINESS CATAYST
5:31:13pmTravis
Okay I can see that. So you said we did something with your domain. What are you referring to?
5:31:54pmBrittany
the fact that i set it up right and there were no problems on business catalysts' end 
5:32:01pmBrittany
which is why im contacting you, so it can get fixed
5:32:48pmTravis
So what exactly is wrong? All the dns settings are pointed there fine. Are you referring to having domain privacy from us?
5:32:57pmBrittany
go to the url
5:33:01pmBrittany
brittanylegasey.com
5:33:04pmBrittany
it doesn't work
5:33:30pmTravis
How long ago did you change any dns records?
5:33:46pmBrittany
why the f is there no communication between different departments about account issues
5:33:55pmBrittany
i shouldnt have to explain this 50 times
5:34:11pmBrittany
i readded it this morning because it randomly stopped working yesterday
5:34:57pmTravis
Okay then it can take 4-24 hours for dns records to propagate and that looks like what is going on when I got to your site.
5:35:18pmBrittany
but it stopped working yesterday
5:35:46pmBrittany
and business catalyst told me to contact you
5:35:51pmBrittany
saying refer to this article http://docs.businesscatalyst.com/user-manual/site-settings/site-domains/add-a-domain-name-to-your-si...
5:37:33pmBrittany
omgggggggggg this service
5:38:53pmTravis
Yes and I referred to this article and everything is set up how it is supposed to be. We don't house your dns settings anymore so we have no control on what happens with your site. You will need to ask whoever is currently hosting your site.
5:39:07pmBrittany
i dont understand
5:39:29pmBrittany
i updated the dns and name servers on bluehost and you just walked me through and told me it all looks good
5:39:53pmTravis
Yes and it is pointed away from us so we don't control your settings or site anymore.
5:40:11pmBrittany
great
5:40:21pmBrittany
so helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please get in touch with support team,

use your system domain to login to admin panel

Administration Login

go to help and support and you should see the chat option, let them know about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem my site  www.ejecutandoideas.com it was working fine until today, que can't access it via admin or url shows up the same message, didn't got an answer from the support chat.

This site can’t be reached

www.ejecutandoideas.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines