Highlighted

Important Update about the Business Catalyst End of Life

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than two weeks have passed since the End of Life Announcement for Business Catalyst. During this time we have listened to your feedback on a variety of channels in addition to speaking directly with our partners. Two pain points we’ve heard consistently are the timelines for closing down Business Catalyst along with the ability to upgrade trial sites to paid. Recognizing that these are challenges that many partners face, we have decided to modify our plans in order to ease your transition out of the Business Catalyst platform, as follows:

1. We are extending the End of Life timeline from 2 years to 3 years, with the end of life now scheduled for March 26th, 2021. We hope this additional year will give our valued customers and partners sufficient time to move clients to a different platform.
  2. We are extending the ability to upgrade trial sites to paid until 8/27 (was 6/18). This new date provides you with 5 months past the End of Life Announcement to close all of your on-going projects.

Thank you providing your feedback and insight. We know this is a difficult transition and are committed to help you succeed in the effort to migrate your sites to new platforms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Important Update about the Business Catalyst End of Life

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than two weeks have passed since the End of Life Announcement for Business Catalyst. During this time we have listened to your feedback on a variety of channels in addition to speaking directly with our partners. Two pain points we’ve heard consistently are the timelines for closing down Business Catalyst along with the ability to upgrade trial sites to paid. Recognizing that these are challenges that many partners face, we have decided to modify our plans in order to ease your transition out of the Business Catalyst platform, as follows:

1. We are extending the End of Life timeline from 2 years to 3 years, with the end of life now scheduled for March 26th, 2021. We hope this additional year will give our valued customers and partners sufficient time to move clients to a different platform.
  2. We are extending the ability to upgrade trial sites to paid until 8/27 (was 6/18). This new date provides you with 5 months past the End of Life Announcement to close all of your on-going projects.

Thank you providing your feedback and insight. We know this is a difficult transition and are committed to help you succeed in the effort to migrate your sites to new platforms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good step in the right direction. Thank you for listening to the community and acting on our concerns .

4 years would be better as from our experience sites have usually served their purpose by then.

Further to this, out of the 200 websites that we oversee there are a lot which happily look after themselves and do not require any kind of tech support.

The biggest issue we have is our biggest clients that have a lot of customer accounts on the website. With some of them we felt we had to stay with BC for the sole reason that we need to keep these usernames/passwords. Is there any way of retaining these for a migration to another platform?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

At this moment, we cannot share items such as credit card payment tokens, user passwords, etc. without explicit end user consent (which defeats the whole purpose of exporting them). They represent highly sensitive information and are the property of the end user, not the property of the platform (Business Catalyst), nor the property of the service provider - so we, the platform, can only share this information with the end user, not with other parties.

We're working with our Legal department to see if there is any way around this, but in principle I don’t think we can share this information. We'll come back if we do.

Paul.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting this out there - Many partners paid cash to be able to sell BC - If enough partners were interested, would Adobe hand the whole thing over to a consortium of partners or is the environment changed so much, no one would be interested anyway?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Site Owners be contacted and informed of this decision?

Will you contact ALL Site Owners, or only those you bill directly?

Would you consider using the Partner Messaging System to allow us to append to that message?  In other words, your legal responsibility would be met with your notification, but we would have the opportunity to get out in front with our own message.  Doing so would help us control the fallout to both yours and our own organizations.

- Hanan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hanan,

We will send an email campaign (only) to site owners that we bill directly on 5/21. We have to use the same channels & approach for these customers as we did for BC partners.

Cheers,

Paul.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Paul.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are you going to notify site owners? All the sites in our portal were set to "Invoice Client Only". They need to been informed by Adobe directly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

See Paul's answer above: we will notify the site owners we bill directly (Invoice Customer Only & Invoice Partner 1st year / Customer Second year) on 5/21/2018)

Cristinel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, i am trying to log in and migrate my account but it says I have an invoice outstanding and it wont let me access the admin console to do the migration.  Obviously i dont want to pay for renewal for another year when i am going to migrate it.

I can't contact your support either as it needs me to log in to be able to contact them.

I have just spend 1 hour 30 mins talking to Adobe Billing support, but they are completely useless and telling me to restart the computer and try another browse..

Please can someone help.. pulling my hair out here!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Your invoices seem at least a month overdue. You can go ahead and pay the yearly invoice and then request a refund for the remaining period once you move the site.

Cristinel

PS

I will delete the second post as duplicate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Christine, but its madness you are asking me to pay for a service which I will terminate within 1 hour hour after i download the data and move to another service!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines