• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MALWAREBYTES blocks ALL .businesscatalyst.com sites !!!!

Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Malwarebytes 2.2 .. the free 14 day trial version and it has blocked every BUSINESSCATALYST.COM site.

seriously!

As if it wasn't bad enough.. you have a VERY popular malware detector blocking every site with a BC address

(that means any temporary site, any testing site etc..)

THE homepage of business catalyst

THE help pages for business catalyst

etc

That means one of two things.

1- somebody has entered businesscatalyst.com as a site or sites with malware to their database

2- there is a bunch of bad test sites or sites using .businesscatalyst.com in their address doing bad things and have got it reported.

3- somebody can't type?

All 3 are bad.

but 1 and 2 are very bad

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Got a confirmation that the block will be removed on the next update.

UPDATE was pushed.

Please check this thread for future reference: Adobe Business Catalyst domain and subdomains blocked - Website Blocking - Malwarebytes Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was surfing through our company's webpage and since I got on the homepage Malwarebytes started prompting messages "Malicious website blocked" the domain been musecdn.businesscatalyst.com. We do not host our website on BC but we do use Adobe Muse to create it, this is really bad image for our business hence visitors won't make any difference between our site an business catalyst, hope you can address this issue as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dean for reporting this and to others for confirming.

I have contacted their support team through official channels and I have also reported a false positive in their forums: Website Blocking - Malwarebytes Forum.

I encourage you to post in their forums either by opening a new topic or by replying to my original thread (Adobe Business Catalyst domain and subdomains blocked - Website Blocking - Malwarebytes Forum‌) so we can expedite things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a confirmation that the block will be removed on the next update.

UPDATE was pushed.

Please check this thread for future reference: Adobe Business Catalyst domain and subdomains blocked - Website Blocking - Malwarebytes Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to have been fixed. I just launched MalwareBytes, it updated the database and I can access *.businesscatalyst.com sites again.

Can someone else confirm this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm Lynda, it seems back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My database was updated. I had JUST installed and updated database.

I contacted Malwarebytes immediately to notify them of the block.

So hopefully this was just an anomaly.

I can also confirm it is now no longer blocking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines