• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Updated] Important updates about Business Catalyst Partner Commissions

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback shared in the past week. We have carefully considered all the feedback you provided through a variety of channels.

Business Catalyst has an incredible community behind it, whose contributions have been instrumental throughout the lifetime of the service. We value your feedback and appreciate that any change to our commissions program has a big impact on you.

Therefore, we have decided to reverse our decision from last week. Moving forward we will maintain the current commissions program until the announced EOL date (March 26th, 2021).

Starting with February 1st, 2019 Business Catalyst Free Partners will no longer accrue commissions on their existing paid sites and excess charges while Paid Partners will no longer accrue commissions on their existing paid sites and excess charges starting with August 1st, 2019.

Additionally, starting with February 1st, 2019, partners will be able to redeem (claim) all commissions regardless of their value until March 26, 2020. Commissions not claimed by March 26, 2020 will be forfeited.

Thank you,

The Adobe Business Catalyst team

TOPICS
System updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Adobe.
So now you're taking commissions away from us too.
Another low act.
The service should be getting cheaper for us as it degrades - not more expensive!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actual end of life is 26th March 2012 - see Product Announcement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry meant to be 2021 not 2012!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry meant to be 2021 not 2012!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice post!! Thanks for sharing...

https://www.kumaherbals.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CAN NOT be serious.

First, not an email sent out to partners. Second, I'm pretty sure you are breaking the agreement. Get ready for battle Adobe. Get ready for battle.

You are an irresponsible company and I can not believe your ethics are this low.

Get ready for battle. I am not taking this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you even have a heart? And a brain? Oh, right, just smelling the money and following without any consideration for people. You won't go to far in the day and age of social media my friends. You won't go too far.

You better not touch our commissions. You better not.

And please at least email all partners instead of hiding behind a forum no one reads. What a bunch of cowards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a time there was this company named Adobe. Adobe didn't care about its clients. Oh, no, they didn't. They mistreated them, treated them poorly, changed the rules of the game as they pleased, robbed them of money, bought a tool just to kill it and acted as if nothing happened.

Adobe didn't care and continue to act as if people didn't matter. As if their businesses didn't matter. As if their families didn't matter so this women took it into her own hands to share with the world what Adobe is doing.

Well, this story is not a happily ever after kind of story. Adobe you can not have the guts and the lack of integrity to do this. You just can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You better get your act together. I'm done playing your games. Give us our commissions back, until the platform dies. That's the least you can do, since you are already killing the platform.

I'm NOT accepting this and you will continue to hear from me and other partners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whose orders are you following? Let them show their faces! Come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And ... adresses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe reinburse the 2000$ « one time fee »

i purchased so i could rebrand the plateform? I got that for Life time as in « one time fee »...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really????? This is just not right! You have found EVERY POSSIBLE WAY to hit us while we are down, I mean seriously!!! WOW

I am never going to use another Adobe product again in my LIFE if you continue to do this to us! HAVE SOME COMPASSION!!

PLEASE reconsider this decision!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, stop the commissions to cut your admin overhead... just reduce our costs by the amount of the commissions.

You have a lot of partners who invested their future in you. Treat them fairly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe made 2.29 BILLION in revenue last quarter alone.  Adobe is already costing this small business owner tens of  thousands of dollars in migration costs alone.  Now you are going to take thousands of dollars more away from me and my kids to stuff you already fat pockets???  I am quite certain I can find many politicians in Washington DC  on both sides of the aisle who would love to stick it to Adobe and the FINE the XXXX out you.  Then the EU, Canada and Australia all will follow.  This move is going to cost Adobe million$ in fines.

(** I have already contacted my Senator Elizabeth Warren's office and the MA Attorney General's office -  All Partners should do the same with their representatives)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not even about money because you don't need our commissions. It's straight up being mean, disrespectful and unethical.

In one word, you are not a company worth existing in this day and age. Lame to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take my $2,000 "Partner Fee" today thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thank you all for publishing and maintaining sites on the Business Catalyst platform."

Who writes these? What a joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this gem:

Thank you providing your feedback and insight. We know this is a difficult transition and are committed to help you succeed in the effort to migrate your sites to new platforms.

Well i have wasted at least 400 hours this year in research and lots of pro bono.

if only they could give me back my money 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, ya’ll are stealing now. Wow.

Ya’ll don’t give a rip about the freelancers and small business owners that showed you nothing but loyalty. I’m amazed.

Too big to fail

guess we’ll find out

I’m gonna get some popcorn for this shit show!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still redeem my commissions?

You can continue to redeem the commissions available in your account until March 26th, 2020. Following this date this feature will not be available anymore.

THE COMMISSIONS DATE ABOVE NEEDS TO REFLECT THE CHANGE IN EOL DATE AS PER EVERY OTHER PART OF THIS PAGE. TO SELECTIVELY NOT CHANGE COMMISSION IS HIDEOUSLY UNFAIR.

Product Announcement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actual end of life is 26th March 2012 - see Product Announcement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines