• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Canon 24-240 lens profile v3

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the latest Lightroom Classic release version 13.5 there is a new lens profile (v3) for the Canon 24-240 lens. It has reintroduced the "bad borders" bug. Workaround is simply to select the older v2 profile.Screenshot 2024-08-15 083421.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
50 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I shoot with Canon R6 and Canon R6 Mark II

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex303865784zb7_0-1725249194322.png

This is athe bottom right corner. Applied LR Canon 24-240 v2 profile to the image. The red line shows what I see in my camera's viewfinder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone.I was concerned that my RP's sensor was going bad.Lens profile V2 corrected the issue.

The lens is amazing and i know there are alot of calculations,corrections and cropping going on under the hood.Hopefully they will fix V3 shortly.

Canon RP 

Canon 24-240 f4-6.3 IS USM Lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on holiday during august. It seems that Adobe updated Photoshop / Camera Raw in this time. And now I have a problem with the objective profile correction:

There are 3 versions I can choose from - the newest one (V3) creates edge artefacts around the whole photo. When I manually choose V2, everything is fine again. But every time I open a new photo, the setting is V3 again...that's awful to work with. I know the artefact problem existed already a while ago, because I already had some issues with it around 2021 / 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if we can call 24-240 "amazing"... It is way too heavy and huge for my taste. On a R8 makes the combination really front heavy. It is surely a very useful range of focal lenght, e.g. for street/city photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love my R8 and 24-240. I hear complaints about lenses being front-heavy all the time and don't understand. If you have your left hand on the zoom and control rings the combination balances quite well. If you don't have your left hand there, how do you zoom or do exposure compensation? (That's what my control ring is set for.)

I understand everybody is different, so I am not arguing with you. I am just curious how you hold your camera that feels front-heavy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since some days I discover some artifacts in my images after I imported them.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-09-03 um 20.22.59.pngBildschirmfoto 2024-09-03 um 20.22.43.png

When I inspect the RAW files from file system I cannot see this kind of artifacts. Also with competetive software this is not visible. This artifacts will also be exported. I tried with 13.5.1 and then downgraded to 13.5 but still this issues persists. This is extremely annoying because it makes my Lightroom unusable.

System information:

Lightroom Classic-Version: 13.5 [ 202408062022-6258095b ]
License: Creative Cloud
Version: 14.6.1 [23G93]
Architecture: arm64

The images are all made with a Canon R6 Mk2 with CR3 RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just switch back to the v2 lens profile until Adobe fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

This is what I got in Camera Raw from a photo taken with a canon R5.  

Capture d’écran, le 2024-09-05 à 13.38.37.png

The same corner below but with Canon Digital Photo Professional 4:

Capture d’écran, le 2024-09-05 à 13.40.46.png

Does anyone has an idea what is causing this?

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing on my side for Canon R5

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having issue with photos in lightroom. Camera R6 Mark II.

When importing Cr3 files -  some photos are like getting extended, lightroom adds strange frame. 

Screenshot you can see below. 1) Embedded preview and how it looks in Digital photo professional and other software. 2) develop screen - with this strange frame. after export to jpg frame also is there 

Please advice. 

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 17.05.34.pngScreenshot 2024-09-10 at 17.05.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, this is a known issue. Go into the develop module and under lens correction apply v2 instead of v3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop 25.12, Lightroom Classic 13.5.1 & Bridge 14.1.2 destroy images by adding a "pixel frame" around the images, when Canon RP shots are taken with a Canon Zoom RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM objective (others objectives not tested jet) - see pictures below.

The problem seems to be an incorrect RAW Filter for Canon RP / Canon Zoom RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM in the actual Adobe Camera RAW Filter version 16.5.1 and shows up since updating to the latest versions.

The problem occures e.g. when pictures are beening imported or synchronising in Lightroom.

Old Canon RP / Canon Zoom RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM pictures are not effected, as long as they are not beeing imported new. If you copy old pictures in a new directory and import them new into Lightrrom, the problem occurs, too.

The Canon image tool "Digital Photo Professional 4" (thank god) does not show any issues on old an actual Canon RP / Canon Zoom RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM photos.

So the problem seems to be the actual RAW Filter for Canon RP / Canon Zoom RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you a lot. saved my pictures 🙂 

Strange though it is till not fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera: Canon R5, lens RF 24-240 mm.

There is an error on all 4 edges with automatic lens correction - colored lines at the correction point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic, but only because this issue was initially happening on Lightroom Cloud. The issue was that I have RAW images from a Canon R5 that are getting pixel tearing/stretching around the border when I import to my Windows machine, that did not happen when I previously imported them into a MacOS machine. My Windows machine has a separate graphics card so I was thinking that was the issue but even after disabling it to run on CPU mode only and re-importing, I still had the issue. I am also using RF Canon lenses which typically require that you use lens profile corrections in order to crop out the unsuable portions of the already very large images.

What I found out was that I have a newly updated version of Photoshop on my Windows machine compared to my Mac and it was applying a v3 profile to the RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 lens I have. When I would turn off the profile correction, everything was fine. Using V1 or V2 was fine as well so I settled for V2.

I don't know if some change was made on Canon's end or Adobe's but it seems there is a miscommunication on the profiles, or maybe I need to update my camera's firmware. Either way, I couldn't find anything about this and figured someone else might benefit from my insight at some point to check that after matching the Make and Model to your Profile Correction you check the Profile Version as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot RAW with a Canon R6 mkII and other Canon cameras.  WHen I use this one with a Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 at focal lenght settings greater than 50mm I get a border of short fine lines around the image. I'm running MacOS Sonoma 14.6.1.  Rolling back to CR plug-in v14 solves the issue.  It doesn't happen with any other of my Canon gear combinations.  First line support (Vincent) suggested I report this to you, and that it might be fixed in the next release.  I'm happy to supply sample RAW files if required.  Vincent has my details.

Christopher Head

christopher.head@ntlworld.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to share the answer & solution with all.

The "picture frame" or "borderline" around the photos is a known bug that came with the latest Adobe RAW profile update.

The good news is: ALL THE RAW FILES ARE OK 🙂
It´s NOT a defect of the sensor or picture.
It´s only the buggy Adobe RAW Filter that produces the errors.

Let´s see how long it takes until Adobe fixes that problem.

There is a workaround, too: You can switch to an old RAW Profile that will not show this errors

In Lightrrom:
1. Go to the "Lens Correction" / (German) "Entwickeln") window / Fenster
2. Click on "Lens Corrections" / "Obbjektivkorrekturen"
3. Profil: "Enable Profile Corrections" / "Profilkorrektur aktivieren"
4. Select "Profile": Adobe (Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM) v2
And everything will be ok 🙂

bohgconsulting_0-1726593500671.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

プロファイル (Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM) v3 

写真を開くと4辺が不自然に拡大される

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Betreff

Thanks for responding to my post.  Adobe front line support acknowledged that tere are problems in Camera Raw 16 and that a new version will be available after the Adobe MAX event in mid-October.  Having experimented with the issue I believe that the border is an addition to the real image and not a distortion of it.  You are right, the files out of the camera are fine.  Opened with Apple’s Preview app of Canon’s Digital Photo Professional they are fine.  There is something in the RAW file from the 24-240 that is upsetting Adobe’s Camera Raw plug-in.  Curiously,  I’ve found that the issue disappears if the focal length is less than about 50mm,

Thanks again for your work-around.  I adjusted the <Distortion> adjustment to zero and that covered it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR/Photoshop for MAC, has recently begun distorting the outer edges of my photos once I apply the auto lens corrections.  Here's an example.  Any suggestions or is this a known bug?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2024 Sep 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there
All my imported RAW files have a strange border after imported with Lightroom Mobile to my iPad Pro. So i have to crop every image. See Attachment. Any suggestions or explanations? 

Thany you for any help on this. 

iPad Pro: 12.9" 6. Generation

Lightroom Mobile: Ver. 9.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2024 Sep 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera make and model captured your images?  

In the app Settings, under Import, what is selected for Raw Default Settings?  Adobe default or Camera Settings?  Does it help if you import using the alternate setting?

If you sign into your same account at lightroom.adobe.com, thr LR Web app, do the images look the same there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Canon R5 with the Canon Lens 24-240mm. LR iOS App on iPad Pro Ver. 9.5.1. Aspect Ratio to FULL Resolution (3:2).

Normaly I use the Adobe default Import Settings. I changed that and the problem is still there. In the LR Web App on lightroom.adobe.com the pictures have the same failor. 

The funny thing is, that in May, i used the same equipment for a trip, importet more then 1500 RAW pictures without any problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@oda6317 Does it help if you:

1. finish syncing anything pending upload from the mobile app, and then

2. re-install the mobile app?

EDIT ---

Please ignore what I wrote just above.  I have since realized this post was merged with an existing thread that describes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate