• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Incorrect default color rendering on HEIC files (iOS and Android Captures)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC Version 11.3

Os Windows 10 21H2

Problem:

Panoramas shot on iPhone 13pro and imported in Lightroom Classic in heic-Format.

When opened in the develop-module,  the colors are changing completely without touching any button. This also happens when a heic-pano is exported to jpg from the library-module right after import. The attached picture shows the original and the exported jpg.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We have released a fix for this issue for Android and iOS. Check your App Store for the update. See this post for more information. https://adobe.ly/3EUZjRR

Sorry for the frustration.:radio_button:rs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

T

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
98 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to light room, I do not know how to explain this in friendly technical terms but I will try my best to provide as much info as possible. I have been using LR for the past few months (just the basic editing version) to edit some photos. I am using an IpadOS version 15.4.1 I move the photos from my camera roll into LR and then edit the photos one by one. I noticed for the first time today that as soon as I touch the <light, color, effects, detail, optics> the photo goes hazy as soon as i touch any one of those profiles controls. It's as if i am putting the exposure way up and desaturating a bit. But the controls will all be neutral. Once I have hit a control I will hit undo and the pic will sometimes remain in this hazy state and then return to normal when I swipe left or right but some remain this way. This happens with newly uploaded pics from camera roll and with pics that I had already uploaded into LR. I am assuming this is the latest version of LR as I checked to see if there was an option to update and there was not.

Example (video clip of this process): I click on the photo that I would like to edit, click on "light" and start to move the slider on "exposure" (but happens on all settings no matter up or down) and the pic automatically looks like I jumped the exposure all the way up and dropped the contrast or something. Then will remain the same even when all settings are neutral.

I have tried closing and relaunching LR, restarting Ipad, and finally uninstalling and reinstalling LR. Nothing fixed the problem. It's really annoying as it's impossible for me to edit a photo when I cannot see the true editing of the photo if that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that I had put the settings back to "0" and hit undo but it doesn't change the fact that the pic is being altered whether I put settings at neutral or undo the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me also, just posted a clip of it here https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-bugs/pictures-automatically-become-to...

Went back and uploaded an older pic into LR and the same thing is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the same thing in LrC 11.3 with .heic panos from an iPhone 12 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From few days I have a problem with Photos that are importem to the Lightroom. All of them are not looking like the one on my  phone. The One from lightroom have a lot of lights and it looks horrible. Is it problem with actualization or what?

Screenshot_20220421-161650_Lightroom.jpg

(Thread title edited by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status to Investigating

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing .heic from my Samsung Phone seems to have worked until 14 november 2021 then from 19th I get a very bad image - mainly in colour balance. I have tried deleting from lightroom and reimporting. The old ones still work and the new ones still don't. Normal Photoshop seems fine. I am using Windows 11 on PC.

Here attached is an example of the problem first: opened .heic directly in photoshop and exported (jpeg), second: imported in lightroom classic and from there edited (via tiff) in photoshop and similarly exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panoramas taken with iPhone 13 Pro Max are seriously overexposed when imported into Lightroom. It looks like a preset has been applied on import but I can't see that anywhere in the settings. Photos other than pianos import at the right exposure. The same photo imported to Photoshop is correctly exposed. I hope someone can help me find a solution. Thank you.  

ED26D67F-7794-4AE4-ADB1-3D77F0A7D724.jpeg

943B5BEB-EE58-4ED3-A800-635B1DEF0198.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @manb1012 

Thank you for the details and screen recording.

What is the image file type you are editing?  Is this happening with a specific image format, or multiple types of fiel formats?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we fix this issue. This same thing is happening to me and Adobe customer support is saying it has to do with a bug issue and that I have to download and older version till a new update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Charlie.D 

It seems to be an issue with all .HEIC files old and new. I uploaded a .JPG and was able to edit it just fine. Thank you for looking into this. Looking forward to a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a screenshot of the photo before import for comparison?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to upload it here but I reserved the information the file type is not supported. Please find enclosed screenshot.

I will add screenshot of the photo before import because I can add the photo.  

Do you have a screenshot of the photo before import for comparison?

By @selondon

attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com o mesmo problema! As fotos ficam extremamente claras quando importadas...começou a alguns dias e não consigo resolver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seguem exemplos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my photos are importing with s bright white filter. Every photo I've worked on before is also changing to this same filter when I click on the photos to edit as well. It's ruining all of my pictures.  I have not done anything docent to my camera settings.  Nor do I have a set preset on import. Can you please help me with this issue? I have already removed the app from my phone and reinstalled. Android - Note 20 Ultra 5G

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I working On Samsung Galaxy s20 and from few days all Photos are with Bright shade 😞

I posted my issue few comments below with Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who can help us? It's really annoying... 

I See that we are not the only one because someone created this same issue few topics above.

Melissa what kind of phone do you have? I'm working On Samsung Galaxy S20. Maybe this is something connected with Samsung actualization?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah having same issues, with iPad, normal photo of HDR, if I screenshot the photo and edit that it doesn't do it.

2AEDC708-1581-40C6-AD61-2AF3D53C2F25.png63C7A799-F2EF-4488-9112-C680CED06A9A.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu tenho um Samsug S20Fe e notei que isso começou após a última atualização!! Estou desesperada pois uso o LR para editar minhas fotos profissionais!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isto esta acontecendo comigo também...já adicionei fotos para mostrar o problema aqui!! Alguém tem a solução por favor??? Uso Samsung S20fe e está acontecendo com fotos novas importadas e já importadas no LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use Lighroom on my phone. I have a Samsung S20+ with which I take pictures. I photograph in .heic format, so far there were never problems and the images could be edited well. Now I opened lightroom and suddenly it shows me my pictures in a completely different exposure/brightness. Also saturation and contrast are completely different. I assume it's the format but there was no updates or any clue why lighroom should display the images differently now. All my edits are now unusable as they are based on a completely different foundation. Can anyone tell me how to reset this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cada vez que añado una imagen para editarla se sube con un brillo muy alto y cambia los colores (todo se vuelve rosado). no puedo quitarlo ya que altera a la imagen y queda como que si esa versión fuese la original. ayuda por favor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@manb1012 

Thanks for confirming.  As Rikk noted, we have logged a bug and developers are investigating a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Lightroom version 5.3 from Microsoft Store, Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate