• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Incorrect default color rendering on HEIC files (iOS and Android Captures)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC Version 11.3

Os Windows 10 21H2

Problem:

Panoramas shot on iPhone 13pro and imported in Lightroom Classic in heic-Format.

When opened in the develop-module,  the colors are changing completely without touching any button. This also happens when a heic-pano is exported to jpg from the library-module right after import. The attached picture shows the original and the exported jpg.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We have released a fix for this issue for Android and iOS. Check your App Store for the update. See this post for more information. https://adobe.ly/3EUZjRR

Sorry for the frustration.:radio_button:rs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

T

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
98 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can tell you is on this end, with an iPhone 13, the HEIC imports in Lightroom Classic match exactly as they should (and does) to iPhoto. Both of course are color managed which is why they do match. Windows Photo Viewer (depending on the version) isn't. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Suddently, new photos in .heic format taken with my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra are not shown properly on Library module. They have very strong saturation, bluish tone and are overexposed. The pictures look good on any other application, including Windows, Google Photos and even in Photoshop.

I don't know what may have happended, they all showed perfectly until recently in LrC. In addition, previous .heic files show good, the issue appears with the new ones.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for this bug to be fixed, roll back to LR 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and both the brightness and color are way off in Lightroom Classic.  The images display just fine in Photoshop and everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie.D Is there any update on when a fix might be released for Windows LR Classic? We're coming up on the months rather than weeks, I'm afraid... and with every day, Adobe products become a less attractive option to manage my photo library due to this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the "correct answer" at the top of this thread, employee Rikk Flohr linked to his post that says, "Updates for Lightroom Classic, Lightroom Desktop and Camera Raw will be released to correct this issue in the next release." 

LR Classic releases on average every 8 weeks. So we might expect to see LR 11.4 this week or next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I am having this problem with Lightroom 5.3 and my iPhone 12.  Apparently the fix for IOS doesn't work.  I am back in Lightroom 5.2 to get around the problem.  The amount of time to fix this is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "fix" noted below does not work - In Lightroom mobile/desktop, I have reset edits then (right click on image) export original, deleted the pic, then reimported it - AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS - all the wrong colour rendition and overexposed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried yet, but today LrC 11.4 was released and due to the fixed issues-listing (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html#feb-2022) this bug should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it seems to be fixed once you open the image.

Sent by Chris Howe whilst contemplating a new reality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still experiencing issues importing .heic pictures from my Samsung Galaxy. In the import dialogue, the thumbnails all look fine but then at the point when the standard previews are built they all become 'washed out'.  I'm on LrC 11.4.1 on Windows 10.  I thought this issue had been fixed??

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MalcolmSu How do they look when you switch to the Develop module and make a minor adjustment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the same I'm afraid @Victoria Bampton LR Queen 

I tried removing from some existing HEIC pics LrC and re-importing and strangely, of the 8 HEIC pics, one didn't get washed out - see below!  I can't see why it should be any different. Weird.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 104123.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried removing and re-importing the 8 pics again.

These are the two photographs I used in the previous example - as shown in Windows Explorer.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 104838.jpg

This is them in the LrC Import dialogue. All fine so far.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 104902.jpg

This is them after import but before the standard preview is built. Still fine.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 104953.jpg

At the point the Standard Preview is built the colour changes.  However, this time *two* of the eight pics did not! But the other five did (one example shown).  This is when I wish I'd chosen other pics to demonstrate this!  🤣  So it's not consistent.

Any other suggestions to try?

Screenshot 2022-07-05 105111.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried opening the HEIC pics above in Photoshop (v23.4.1) and they are all fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now running Lightroom Rel. 11.4.1 and the HEIC display problem appears to be resolved. 

Thanks to all involved in putting this issue to rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could agree @bwallan007

Not working for me - see examples above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my M1 Mac to Lightroom version: 5.4 arm64 [ 20220607-0605-ab0fd72 ] (Jun 7 2022)
The problem appears to have been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst it's great to read all these "it's resolved " reports it's not for me and I'm not sure what else I can try. Reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what platform you're running?  I'm on Windows 10 with latest version of Lightroom, 11.4.1.

I re-imported my HEIC images.  I'm not sure if the problem is resolved for files previously imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above I'm also on Windows 10 and I have re-imported the HEIC pictures.

What's the source of yours?  Mine are Samsung Galaxy / Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine are off a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Votes

Translate

Translate