• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Incorrect default color rendering on HEIC files (iOS and Android Captures)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC Version 11.3

Os Windows 10 21H2

Problem:

Panoramas shot on iPhone 13pro and imported in Lightroom Classic in heic-Format.

When opened in the develop-module,  the colors are changing completely without touching any button. This also happens when a heic-pano is exported to jpg from the library-module right after import. The attached picture shows the original and the exported jpg.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We have released a fix for this issue for Android and iOS. Check your App Store for the update. See this post for more information. https://adobe.ly/3EUZjRR

Sorry for the frustration.:radio_button:rs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

T

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
98 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upload a sample HEIC to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, we can most effectively help troubleshoot the problem (rather than play 20 questions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John,

Here you will find an unedited panorama saved as heic. When opened and edites in LrC 11.2, everything works fine. In LrC 11.3 the colords will look weird as soon as development happens, no matter if anything is changed or just en export to jpg is performed.

I retunred to Version 11.2 for the moment so I am not able to reproduce the error right now, but I will try on MacOS tomorrow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk7p6tbsz37gof3/20220404_082837026_iOS.heic?dl=0 

Thanks

Henning

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience a terrible color shift in Lightroom Classic since the latest update. I hope you can help me.

Adobe Lightroom Classic 11.3
Camera Raw 14.3

All .heic images taken with a Samsung S22 Ultra are affected. For newly imported images, it builds the previews with the color shift and exports them the same way (see attached files).

Images taken a couple of days ago have a correct looking preview, but the export also delivers the same color shift.

In macOS Finder and in Apple Photos and on the smartphone itself, all .heic look perfectly fine. heic-images taken with an iPhone 11 Pro are not affected from this.

Do you know of an issue relating maybe to Samsung Camera App, heic and Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've been using your app since 2 years on my phone.. and I loved it. But today when I add my pictures it's way too bright .. i don't know why. It never happened.

I tried too edit but still it's still very bright..  I am sending you both pictures.

You can see one picture is from my cell phone .. its normal .. and when I want to add this picture on lightroom it's way too bright.

I've again installed but no luck.

Please help me out. 

Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I see the problem with LR 11.3 too -- it doesn't occur in LR 10.4, PS 23.3.0, Mac Preview (all Mac OS 11.6.2), or Windows 10 Photos.

LR 11.3:

johnrellis_0-1650039838439.png

LR 10.4:

johnrellis_1-1650039863245.png

PS 23.3.0:

johnrellis_2-1650039887151.png

Mac Preview:

johnrellis_3-1650039913012.png

Windows 10 Photos:

johnrellis_4-1650039938528.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move to Bugs -- I'm seeing the same symptoms as @henbr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, 

I am not seeing this on my Win 10 21H2 with iPhone 11 Pro Max HEIC Pano. Can you or the original poster supply a sample for me?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

you will find a dropbox-link in my first reply to John.

Henning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - Thank you!

It looks like this isn't a Lightroom bug but rather a bug in the rendering of the Camera Raw engine. (Camera Raw fails on the file too.) I will be moving this post to the Camera Raw Bugs forum and logging a bug there. 

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status to Acknowledged and adding bug number

Status Unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please hit the upvote button if you are experiencing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rikk,

if it is an error in Camera Raw, why did it help returning to version 11.2 of LrC? Camera Raw is still 14.3 on my system. Or does LrC come with it's own Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Or does LrC come with it's own Camera Raw?"

LR has its own copy of Camera Raw built-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the same problem as you. My added photos are like in red-pink colors. Even if I try to edit the image, it's still red-pink and as you said too bright. 

I have already removed and installed this application 2 times. I created a new account, but nothing helps.

Please let me know if you can solve this problem or if the developers will answer you.

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time HEIC files from Android Devices are not supported.  Please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/lightroom-cc/kb/heic-files-support.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. You say, Heic-files from Android Devices are not supported. But why did I have no problems with my heic-files until this week? I have been importing and exporting heic-files taken with the S22 Ultra since the beginning of March.

The problems I described above only started this week. So I do not unterstand your claim, that heic from Android wasn´t supported. 

Can you please clarify this for me? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means exactly what it says - Android HEIC are not supported at this time. They may work or they may not work but there is no official support for this file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem! 😩

Is there anyone that can help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the link you provided, I cannot find any information, that heic from Android devices is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very first section:

"

Background information

Although modern camera devices provide the capability to capture HEIF/.heic photos and HEVC (H.265) videos, Lightroom and Camera raw support only HEIF/.heic files created with iOS devices."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the same. Is it something to do with a software upgrade on the androids? There was an enhancement to the Samsung picture editor.... maybe they are discouraging a 3rd party app? I had stunning photos, now I can't achieve results in Lightroom.... completely overexposed in almost a fluorescent level.

Adobe, please assist 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file format are the photos? And which Samsung devices are you all using?

Do you see the same issue with photos that were already imported, or just new ones? If it's just new ones, what happens if you add a photo from your gallery that you shot some time ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly related to this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/lr-not-rendering-s22-ultr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A70. This problem applies to both new photos and old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao,

Ho notato che oggi quando carico le foro me le importa super luminose. Ho un samsung s21 plus..cosa posso fare?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate