• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Correction Profile for Canon RF24-240 exhibits edge artifacts.

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update introduced, and set as default, a version 2 lens correction profile for the Canon RF24-240 lens which causes the Raw image to display incorrectly by showing an area outside that of the matching camera Jpeg which is  blurred and distorted (I have only found this for images shot at zooms of 38mm upwards).  This region can of course be cropped out as it is not part of the intended image.  Reversion to the previous profile removes the problem.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Thanks for the help.  The problem was caused by the V2 lens profile for the Canon RF24-240.  By using the original version of the profile everything was fine. Doing a mass change was easy in LR.  I selected all the photos taken with the RF24-240 lens, then in develop module with "auto sync" enabled I choose the original lens profile and auto sync updated all the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

If using a Canon RF 24-240mm F4 lens, then this is a known issue with the V2 lens profile. The fix, at present, is to use the original lens profile. See attached screenshot.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
147 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!  I will try to be more thorough in reviewing the support pages in the future.  I wasn't sure how to describe what I was seeing so had a hard time searching.

Cheers, Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not likely you (or any diligent searcher) would have found the bug report, since it's filed in the Camera Raw forum, not the Lightroom forum :-<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open many CR3 files created by my Canon R5 using ACR 13.4 they exhibit the fringe aberration around the edges shown in the following screen capture. When I open the same CR3 file in Canon's Digital Photo Profession 4 the aberration does not appear as shown in the second screen capture. I know another person with the same problem. This also happens when importing some CR3 files into Lightroom. I can provide sample CR3 files if you wish. Thanks.

Bill

Bazsl_0-1632706653427.png

Bazsl_1-1632706849289.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shooting pics with Canon R5 in RAW, Canon R24-240 zoom in this example. After uploading the files into Lightroom, it seems the edge of each picture distorts. Is it something I am causing, or is this normal? It is happening on all 4 edges. I do not noticed this edge problem when reviewing the pics on the camera. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom version 4.4 on Dell Windows computer running Windows 10 Pro version 1903. I have been cropping the pics to eliminate, but just seems odd.

2021-09-26_20-24-44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a known issue with the lens profile for that specific lens. Until it's corrected, in the Edit panel>Optics section uncheck the "Enable Lens Corrections" option, which should remove those distorted edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there are in fact two profiles available for that lens, original and V2, and the V2 profile is used by default when you enable the lens corrections. So the better workaround for now is to change the profile setting to use the original instead of the V2 profile. See this forum thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-lens-correction-profile-for-canon-rf24-240-exhibits...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! First time using Community and this was very helpful. The issue was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich verwende LrC Version 10.4, Camera Raw 13.4

Kamera Canon R6 mit Objektiv RF 24-240mm

Windows 10, Version 10.0.19042

In Lrc sind fĆ¼r diese Kombination zwei Adobe Objektivprofile hinterlegt, es wird automatisch immer die v2 genommen. Diese verursacht allerdings an den RƤndern Bildfehler. Die erste Version hat diesen Fehler nicht. Wie kann man die Version 2 entfernen?

Vielleicht kann jemand helfen? Danke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I read in another thread that Adobe is aware of this problem and is working on it. For the time Being, do not use V2. Use the V1 profile even though the other one is chosen automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted, my bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same problem on my Mac (OSX 11.6), in both LR Classic (10.4) and Photoshop (22.5.1). I have supplied Adobe on multiple occasions with sample RAW files and screenshots of discussions on the issue, but so far ADOBE DON'T APPEAR TO CARE!!! They waant me to install previous versions of LR and PS to check if the issue occurs with those versions of the software! I refused to do the investigation for them! Honestly the support from Adobe on this has been a disgrace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore Adobe technical support-- they're pretty random. This bug has been acknowledged by the  product developers, as you can see from the bug report linked to above. The workaround is to use the version 1 lens profile instead of version 2. See the top of the bug report for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have seen this problem - EOS R + RF 24-240 lens but only after the August 2021 update. It's not just in LrC but also in PS when processing a raw file using CameraRaw. Initially contacting the online help chat, the agent said that they could only see one profile listed for that lens and it didn't have the v2 suffix. They advised me to look in the CameraRaw LensProfiles folder and I told them that two profiles were there. I don't think I was believed.
The workaround is easy to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR is enlarging the C CR3 file by approximately 120 pixels on all sides. The expanded space is filled by taking the border pixel and using it in the expanded space. The attached _A9A2508.jpg was exported from lightroom as jpg becasue I caqn't upload the CR3 file.  The problem is most obvious on the bottom and right side but does exist on all sides on close inspection.   The sreenshot is from PS.  Current versions of PS LRC and ACR and "up to date" in Adobe Creative Cloud. I got error "

• The attachment's _a9a2508.cr3 content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed." when I tried to include the raw file.

_A9A2508.jpgScreen Capture 2021-09-29_16-38-02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.  The problem was caused by the V2 lens profile for the Canon RF24-240.  By using the original version of the profile everything was fine. Doing a mass change was easy in LR.  I selected all the photos taken with the RF24-240 lens, then in develop module with "auto sync" enabled I choose the original lens profile and auto sync updated all the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to change to the older profile in Lightroom Classic and in Camera Raw. Is there any way to do this in Lightroom Mobile? On my iPad, there seems to be only a switch to enable or disable lens corrections. That's an aggravation when I'm on the road with just my iPad for editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same issue with lightroom mobile on the ipad ....can't see any way to change the lens profile.

Does anyone know when this will be resolved as most of my work is with the 24-240 lens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst it is not yet possible to change lens profiles using LrMobile on an iPad, have you thought about using the LrWeb app via Safari browser on the iPad? Lrweb does allow lens profiles to be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I didn't know there was a web version. I'll have a look into that. Thanks for the info 

Votes

Translate

Translate