• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photo > Edit In > Open as Smart Object in Photoshop no longer works for multiple images as before

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my favorite features in LR/PS was the ability to quickly export a set of images from LR into Photoshop using the Open as Smart Object in Photoshop which would create a new PS document with a smart object layer composed of the exported images. Thus I could use the Smart Objects > Stack Modes to do time lapse composites or various other effects with the various stack modes. This stopped working with the latest updates to LR/PS in CC. Now I have to export them into PS as layers which is much more tedious and time consuming when all I really need is them to be referred to via the smart object. Please bring back the proper behavior. It would be best to have it go to a single smart object layer OR perhaps with the shift key to modify the behavior to individual documents with each image as a smart object but for my needs, I usually want to export the whole batch into a single smart object layer. I know many photographers use this tool and we've been teaching it to others for awhile and now it's gone.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017
This issue should be solved in current releases. Let me know if you're still having an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting the issue! 
The issue has been identified and you will be seeing it fixed real soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue should be solved in current releases. Let me know if you're still having an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate