• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2020 Camera Raw 12.3 Redesign - Oh My

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the new design but I'm not going to bash it completely because I want to hear what other long time users are saying.  That, and the fact that there are some very nice new features in it. But here are the deal-breakers for me:

1.  It takes approximately 4 seconds instead of 1 to open a raw file once I hit CTRL-R.  Not much more needs said on this. Horrible.

2.  There is no possibility that I'd ever be faster by scrolling and hunting for what I want to do than clicking on a Tab and finding my familiar actions instantly.  The collapsing arrows are just more clicks.  Just look at the additional physical requirements on getting around in the app.   Then read a few articles on repetitive stress injuries while considering the number of photographs a professional routinely processes in a year, or a career. Instead of 'Click' then 'Click & Drag' , every action is now 'Click & Drag' and 'Click & Drag'

3. I found that the default position of the Scrollbar on the right was at the bottom.  That meant that all of the main adjustments for exposure were not visible when Camera Raw was launched.

To summarize:

1. The old design was like a chest of several drawers where you knew what every drawer contained and could quickly access it.

2. The new design has everything in one drawer and you have to continually slide things out of the way to find what you want.

This new interface is much more like Lightroom and some will prefer it, but for me it's just another reason to fear updating any of my Adobe CC apps.   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

The fact is that Adobe has changed the design of Camera Raw. Many users have voiced their disappointment, but it seems that the new UI design is here to stay. The remedy many have taken is to revert to the previous version. That means users will not get support for new cameras anymore. If you use Bridge and it has been updated then it will be necessary for you to uninstall it and install the previous version from the creative cloud application manager. Here is the link where you can download the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact is that Adobe has changed the design of Camera Raw. Many users have voiced their disappointment, but it seems that the new UI design is here to stay. The remedy many have taken is to revert to the previous version. That means users will not get support for new cameras anymore. If you use Bridge and it has been updated then it will be necessary for you to uninstall it and install the previous version from the creative cloud application manager. Here is the link where you can download the previous version of Camera Raw:

Camera Raw 12.2.1 installer

I do not work for Adobe. I'm just another Adobe product user like yourself. This is a user to user forum. Your frustration has been echoed countless times in countless different ways. Whatever you choose to do is up to you, Adobe has made their choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines