• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 12.3 Adjustment Brush – Can’t navigate image with trackpad/scroll wheel

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of ACR, I was able to use the trackpad/scroll wheel to navigate an image while using the adjustment brush tool. This was especially useful when zoomed in for detail work. However, in version 12.3 the trackpad only adjusts the size of the brush. There does not seem to be any way to navigate the image without switching to the hand tool, which unselects the current adjustment layer.

Is there a way to revert to the original trackpad/scroll wheel behavior or a way to keep the adjustment layer selected after switching to the hand tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

After doing some digging, I found out that holding down the spacebar will temporarily enable panning. Not as intuitive or ergonomic as using the trackpad, but at least it’s a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this as well. What used to be a very efficient process now is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing some digging, I found out that holding down the spacebar will temporarily enable panning. Not as intuitive or ergonomic as using the trackpad, but at least it’s a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spacebar funcitonality works. Using the Option key while scrolling in or out does not zoom. I also realized that in Photoshop, I use the same pan and zoom controls wthout even realizing it. It's funny how you don't realize you do something until that function is gone!

I despirately hope Adobe fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem with ACR 13.0. Very frustrating. How can I make a direct appeal to ADOBE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wes Duenkel wrote:

How can I make a direct appeal to ADOBE?

See my previous post; there is a URL were Adobe views suggestions and based on votes. This isn't the forum for that. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing how one change to a control scheme can take a program from very usable to unusable.  This is that level of change.  Why Adobe thinks they should have seperate control schemes in sister software packages is beyond me.  Like another commenter said, Adobe, along with Apple and other major companies, has lost their focus with software design.  I will have to freeze my systems until this gets corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default0zr9lppmcaux wrote:

It's amazing how one change to a control scheme can take a program from very usable to unusable.  This is that level of change.  

First, this is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback (or complain) and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, you should go to this URL and comment after selecting the appropriate product line:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/categories/products/5f5f2090785c1f1e6cc40864

2nd, the program isn't unsuable. It does change (and man, there are some big one's coming so yeah, you may want to turn off Auto Update which includes Photoshop proper which WILL update ACR). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem is still a problem (back?) in ACR 14.0.1. I can't use the otion key to zoom in or out using the scroll wheel. when using the adjustment brush tool. This works for all the other tools, but when using the adjustment brush (k) tool, the scroll wheel changes the size of the brush regardless if the option key is pressed or not. Using the option key to zoom while using the scroll wheel + opton key WAS very helpful. Now it's frustrating. Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines