Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 13.1 Export does not include color space for JPG

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Working with the Export tool for the first time so not expert at its details. I have previously created presets in the Save As... function within ACR where I could save JPGs with a color space selected. However, in the Export presets, when I select JPG as format there is no option to select a color space there? Attached samples show where that option is available for TIFF but not for JPG.

My workflow commonly involves working with DNGs in Adobe RGB to create archival masters based on RGB/Lab values from targets, then generating JPGs in sRGB for consistency across platforms/devices.

Thanks much~

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that the Export function automatically exports to jpg with sRGB colour space which is generally what one would want for jpg files. It also uses the filename extension .jpeg rather than .jpg which is annoying - no choice given.

I find the Photoshop Image Processor more versatile. Accessed from Bridge - Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor.

• You can save in various formats including jpg
  • You can convert to sRGB but you don't have to
  • You get filename extension is .jpg NOT .jpeg
  • You can resize as required
  • You can include ICC profile in your images

Image Processor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines