Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Auto Correct will not work on more than one image at a time

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will only auto correct 1 image.

When I select all (and verify all are selected by looking at the "89 of 89 selected" at the bottom right of the image preview), I then hit "auto correct" & only the first selected image changes. The rest of the selected images do not change.

I have tried a bunch of things to try and figure out what's going on and verify it's not an issue on my end:

- I have tried to select the images by using ctrl+a, also click then shift+click the end image to select all...either way, it won't work

- I have restarted bridge.

- Photoshop and Bridge are both up to date and ACR says up to date

- I have rebooted

- I have gone back to jobs I did just a few days ago, where I used auto correct on the whole batch. I select all and open in camera raw (from bridge), then select all in ACR, then hit 'default' - they all change like they should!

- then I hit ctrl+z to undo and they all change back like they should!

- then I hit default again so that I can try auto correct. Default makes them all change back, but auto correct only affects the first image

This has got to be a bug in the update.

Can anyone help?

I'd imagine I'll be waiting until the next update for a fix.

I don't see that I can go to an older version of ACR...can I go to an older version of Photoshop and/or Bridge and will that bring back my batch auto correct in ACR?

Any other suggestions for me to be able to batch auto correct while I wait for ACR to be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sort of makes sense, maybe.

I have the ACR preferences set to invoke Auto whenever I bring in a raw image, i.e. when I aim Bridge at a folder of new images it goes thru with no other actions and applies the auto changes.  Therefore the first time I bring the image into ACR it is already "auto'd".

As an experiment, I loaded half a dozen images, already in auto state, into ACR.  I selected all, and applied default, and all the images went to the default positions, i.e. center, on the settings.  I then selected all the images and applied auto, only the target selected image changed back to auto.

The problem as I see it is each image auto's settings is different, therefore one can make the case that it is not logical to propagate auto thru a group of images, since the settings are likely different.  One can auto a single image, then target it and select several other images, and replicate the first images settings throughout, but of course they aren't truly the auto settings for the remaining images.

I don't know how this worked in the past, never tried it before.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Richard! You know something? I've been auto-correcting a whole batch of images as my first step to processing for at least a year, now. That's how it's always worked What would really help me a lot is to know how you set up your ACR to auto-correct on-load in Bridge? I've done some searching, but no luck If you were to be able to share that info with me, I'd be so thankful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up Bridge, go to men u Edit > Camera Raw Preferences, check "Auto tone and color adjustments".  When the image is brought into ACR auto is invoked.  I've found that for new images if I select any image in a folder from Bridge, then the auto function will occur on all images in that folder, assuming they have not been previously adjusted.

If you want to start over on a group of images, kill the previous settings and go to auto, then do the above and in addition select the images in bridge and invoke Edit > Develop Settings > Clear settings.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW the Bridge action to apply auto on all images in a folder only applies to raw images.  AFAIK jpegs have to be done one at a time, i.e. they won't pick up the auto tone and color adjustments.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life! This works for me and now I'm hitting 1 LESS button than I used to! Should I call that the answer or no? First time I've posted in a forum here and not really sure what to do. I do believe there is a bug, but your solution is a fix for me THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. An important element of my workflow is the "Auto" correct. However, I'm afraid the checkbox "Auto Tone and Color Adjustment" in the settings and the actual "Auto" button in the control panel (image already open) do not yield the same results.

I also figured out the "Auto tone and color correction" checkbox pretty quickly BUT it does not apply the same auto correction as the one in ACR's panel when the image(s) is already open.

I checked the settings box, opened 15 images, and yes they opened already auto corrected but then if you click on "Auto" again, the settings change a bit, usually for the better. Is the settings checkbox Auto Correct an older algorithm maybe? But for sure it's not exactly the same correction as the actual "Auto" button in the control panel on the right hand side.

I don't understand why this was changed. I've been using ACR for about 8 to 10 years and, at least for the last few years, I was able to select all images and apply "Auto" for all of them with 1 click. And they did have individualized settings, whatever fit the specific image best. It wasn't a one-adjustment-fits-all.

Is there a chance this feature will be restored for 11.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 11.4, and it works as you described, i.e. a slight shift in auto when invoked in ACR on single images, and no batch auto within ACR.  I'm out of information, don't have a reference on past versions because I never did a multiple image auto.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gabriella, thanks so much! Yes, you are correct that they are not the exact same action, but it's only my first step. I use it so that I can easily cull...then I tweak in scene groups from there. So, even thought it doesn't do exactly the same thing, it still works for me. I'm sorry it's not what you need. I do also hope they fix this in a future update, but I have no idea how to find out if that will happen. How do you get someone from Adobe to answer in one of these forum questions? I've seen them do so. This is an obvious bug to those of us who used to use this ability. There would be no reason to take it away. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines