ACR impossibly slow

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Lightroom, Photoshop and Camera Raw software installed on my Windows 10 machine which has the latest updates.

Lightroom and Photoshop run acceptably fast.

Camera Raw is so slow it is unusable. I have fiddled with the preferences for GPU with no difference in running speed. Camera Raw Filter, within Photoshop runs acceptably fast.

Any solutions?

Windows 10 64-bit AMD FX-6350 six core processor, 8gb ram NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues on a windows 10 I9-9900 with 32GB ram and SSD boot drive. Very frustrating. It makes Camera RAW essentially unusable. Instead of opeing raw files from PS I have to use develop module in LR and then open in PS from there by passing the camera raw in PS.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load the generic sRGB profile for the display, better? If so, this is a known issue being worked on. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you mean sRGB IEC1966-2.1 which is already selected in Photoshop 'color settings'?

Increasing RAM usage for PS on my 8gb machine from default 60% to 80% has made a marginal difference, but Camera Raw remains pretty much unusable compared to CGRonAdobe's solution - using develop module in LR followed by transport to PS and back.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines