• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR layout thoughtfulness

Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm working in Camera Raw, in the "basic" panel, it's layed out first with "temperature" and then "tint" followed by the six essentials - "exposure", "contrast", "highlights", "shadows", "whites", and "blacks". When I'm adjusting these I tend to bounce around starting from what needs the most adjustment and then back and forth as necessary until I get the image looking the way I want it too look without clipping or in some cases, with as little clipping as possible.

I've often wondered, when the software designers put this together, was there some wisdom in the order of these six adjustments perhaps with the intention that they be adjusted initially in order?...or was the order simply based on what was most often most important.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often try "Auto" first and reset if I don't like it.

For manual adjustments I first adjust temperature though I hardly ever need to. I generally then work from the bottom upwards. Pull down blacks until clipping starts, pull up whites until clipping starts then adjust shadows and highltights to suit. I rarley change contrast. Then it's over to local adjustments where necessary.

I guess everyone develops their own ways either simpler than mine or far more complex but this works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frustration I have with auto is that it always increases my saturation and vibrance but otherwise it can do a pretty decent job of things...surprising in fact sometimes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flow of the adjustments in camera raw 12.3 is more like that of Lightroom Classic. That in itself is enough to irritate some users who inherently don't like Lightroom. But as a primarily Lightroom Classic user, I understand the workflow and can tolerate the new Camera Raw interface. If one takes the time to establish defaults for their cameras in Camera Raw so that some basic settings are applied when the images are first loaded, much of the work can already be accomplished for you by having those Basic settings already in place except for images that might have unique circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very seldom use the Auto setting. I prefer setting camera defaults for my cameras and setting basic settings to my liking that will generally give me a good starting point with my images. Then I only need to make individual adjustments as necessary, depending on unique situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines