• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Lightroom interface - after many months still a total failure for speed

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests, I'm not a fan of the new Lightroom interface for ACR.

I've tried forcing myself to use it for months, but simply am frustrated by it's illogical nature, clunky placement of features I use daily and global inefficiency of using it compared to the 12.2 versions and older.

I tested using the new interface for a full TWO MONTHS processing hundreds of photos. It remained  counter-intuitive and slow. When I switched back to the previous ACR interface, my output speed of images increased by around 40%. There were a few minor annoyances compared to the new interface (meaning I got 'used' to the new one pretty well) but overall it was a massive upgrade going back to an older version.

Adobe, get your act together. You can't force powerusers to adapt to an obviously inferior interface  that increases the amount of time I have to spend on each photo. It's clunky and not optimal compared to the previous ACR version. At the very least, give powerusers like me the option to go for a 'classic' interface. (I've never liked Lightroom, I don't see the point and it doesn't add anything beneficial to my workflow as a professional photographer - I make art, need to make lots of microadjustments in RAW and don't do thousands of quick, generic image exports as others might do). 

As an experiment I've actually tried editing my RAW files in Luminar and DxO and with both after about a day or 2 of using, I found them more intuitive and faster to work with than the new ACR interface. That's pretty bizarre, considering that I've been using Adobe programs (illustrator, indesign, photoshop/ACR) for literally decades now and you'd say that the general interface language should be familiar to me. 

My $0.01. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback and your $0.01. about what you desire for Adobe, you should go here and comment:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html
Use the Photoshop feedback area for ACR.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not just wish to give feedback to Adobe, I wish to connect with other users whom also have a similar experience and discuss this. An online discussion between users is more useful than only submitting a bug/feedback form. So this was intended. Thanks for the reply though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines