• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR masking is great, but slows down radically.

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the masking with the current ACR. I'm on version 14.4.0.1121. I mostly work on landscapes and I like to mask the sky, the water, the trees differently to make locaized adjustments. And I love the fact that you can interset one mask type with another. For autumn folage I might build a mask based on a Color range where I pick some read leaves, then I will intersect that mask with a brush mask and I can paint in changes on only the leaves I want to change. Love it.

But, I find that after creating a couple of masks the whole masking process slows down, and gets to a point where I am waiting for the paint brush to catch up. Sometimes I have to paint in an area of the mask several times before the mask actually changes.

Are there any tricks or techniques to speed up masking, especially as I build up more and more masks within just one image? Are there some maksing techniques that are inherintly slow and maybe should be avoided? Does mask type and mask order make any difference?

Thanks,

Peter

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maybe an example...

2022-06-21_19-07-23.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines