Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Profiles and Presets gone after update to 13.2

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and good evening,

Upon opening Bridge today and sending some pictures to ACR (which greeted me as being the new 13.2 Version -- although I have "automatic updates" turned off in the Creative Cloud App), it turns out that the only profile available is one called "Matrix" (never seen before).   Also, as with every update, all my 3rd party presets are gone, but not only that -- all presets are gone -- even the ones usually available out of the box.

Anyone any suggestions?  I´ve attached two screenshots.

thank you and have a good day,

Heiko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

update 3:

To sum up, the solution to my problem was basically un- and re-installing all software packages in the subscription (including the CreativeCloud App itself)   For some reason the link between CC and my (up to date) desktop apps was lost, so CC didn´t recognize them as being already installed.  Therefore Bridge wouldn´t let me open any image into PS, since it didn´t "recognize" that PS was installed.   

I don´t really have an idea how all this happened, didn´t fondle with the apps- last

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. .and one more note to my above post:

I have checked the folders for Profiles, there is one in the direction of ProgrammData/Adobe/Camera Raw and one somewhere in users/AppData/Romain . . . .Adobe Camera Raw.    one is completely empty, the other has an index file in it.  

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . and unfotunaetly one more "bug" (?) I just found.   After processing an image in ACR, the button for "Open" (i.e. in Photoshop) is greyed out and I can only choose "cancel" or "Done".   see screenshot - 

sorry to be bombarding you all with these two follow-ups on my original post, hope that´s fine and not confusing.

I´d be happy to hear any suggestions (until the very last "de- and re-install everything" lol)

kind regards,

Heiko, Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS? 

I have none of those issues. I'm on a Mac.

Perhaps you need to force a reinstall since you state you didn't ask for one through Auto and yet it 'appears' a newer version is there. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello digitalgod,

I´m running win10.

I checked my apps in creative cloud under "updates" and it says "everything up to date".   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .although I just found that when checking in Creative Cloud under "Available in my subscriptions", all the apps are listed as "Install" . . Usually when there´s an update to be made these buttons change to "update".   so that´s - in conjunction with the notification on the updates panel I think everything should be just fine.   very strange indeed. . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HeikoKnoll wrote:

. . .although I just found that when checking in Creative Cloud under "Available in my subscriptions", all the apps are listed as "Install" . . Usually when there´s an update to be made these buttons change to "update".   so that´s - in conjunction with the notification on the updates panel I think everything should be just fine.   very strange indeed. . . 

The CC app is a bit wonky in terms of both telling us when a new update is ready or the status, at least on Mac. Don't put ultimate faith into it. And check if you have Auto update on or off in preferences. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd still go to the URL I provided, download either the latest or last version and install. Any better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked my preferences -- the "auto update" function is de-selected.  However it is also greyed out so I can´t even fondle with that switch at all anymore (??).   Now I´m of course wondering if any of those system "clean-up" softwares screw things up in the registry or whatever. (I´m usind "Advanced System Care").   Anyway, I´ll try installing with the link you provided for me now.     I´ll be baaaaack. . . .

thanks anyway sofar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. . I installed the package and indeed the profiles are back and also the custom presets (from Adobe).   However, my 3rd party presets are still gone (but I´m used to that from older updates).

One thing though is still not resolved -- the "Open" button to the lower right remains greyed out and unusable.   I have started photoshop seperately to see if that would do it (and Photoshop suddenly also greeted me as its newest version)  -- but it did not unfortunately. (see screenshot).    I wonder if there´s a problem with me still having the Photoshop 2020 Version on my system.   If all fails -- I´ll resort to uninstalling everything including the creative cloud app and reeinstalling everything. . . . .aargh . . .lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . if I uninstall everything I´ll have to resort to Revo Uninstaller though, since on the CCapp the option "uninstall" doesnt appear.   Only "Install" -- which is of course weird since I´m allready greeted by the software as being the newest version with the usual flash-screens showing off the newest features.   And all that even though my auto-update is turned off.   That´s really something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. .and now I have to bridges on my system (screenshot)  :clown_face:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't make out that the 'open' button is grayed out. Looks like  Cancel (far left button)? 

I don't see an image above and to the left either. 

You might try resetting your preferences:

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.
(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file.

Also: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

*To manually delete Photoshop preferences:
Quit Photoshop.
Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder:
macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
Windows 10: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note:
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you I´ll try that.

But it is the "open" button.   german "öffnen"=open "abbrechen"=cancel and "fertig"=done.

I´ll get to work with the preferences.

Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. .here a better close up. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you also see an image (raw) preview? 

If you disable GPU in the preferences, any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see all previews - be it raw, tif, jpg, psd.   They all open up in ACR too . . but the button is dead.

also, when I just went into ACR preferences to disable GPU, I first got an error message "product needs to be licensed first".   (I had these troubles already in the past).    However I could open ACR, then closed it again, and this time it let me into the preferences.    Disabled GPU, but not changes unfortunately. . . 

sorry. . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . and I do have the subscritpion (screenshot, in German again but I hope its self explanatory).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like due to subscription issues (?), you are unlicensed. Try logging out of the account and back in again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update:

I have now:

1. uninstalled older PS CC2020 from PC

2. wanted to uninstall double bridge, which ended up uninstalling both

3. re-installed creative cloud app.   The status of my apps still lists as "all updated to current status".   Under the apps section it still only lists the "install" buttons under the apps, unlike the usual "installed" and the possibility to uninstall.

4.  I´m right now re-installing bridge to see if that changes anything (with the not-functioning "open" button).

5.  if that doesn´t help I´m going to bed. . . .🥴

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . no I´m licensed. . and paid the bills.   I´ve already logged in and out now several times in the past hours just for checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update 2:

so bridge is installed, and now on my app screen they are also both listed as installed, whereas the other two (LR & PS) are seemingly still waiting to be installed (although they are present on my desktop in the most current version.   So hell, I don´t know, something got screwed up there.   I´m just going to over-install PS and LR again, hoping that this won´t overwrite my existing plug-ins etc.   Because usually when you have the update function it will allways ask you "do you want to keep your old settings?"   With this scenario it doesn´t so I´m fearing all plug-ins etc. will just be lost.  I´ll see -- going to do that tommorrow.  Who knows, maybe the Adobe Fairy Queen will visit me tonight and fix it all.

anyway, thank you for your help and encouragement digitaldog -- good to have guys like you around.

good night and until then,

Heiko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

update 3:

To sum up, the solution to my problem was basically un- and re-installing all software packages in the subscription (including the CreativeCloud App itself)   For some reason the link between CC and my (up to date) desktop apps was lost, so CC didn´t recognize them as being already installed.  Therefore Bridge wouldn´t let me open any image into PS, since it didn´t "recognize" that PS was installed.   

I don´t really have an idea how all this happened, didn´t fondle with the apps- last editing two days ago and everything went fine. . so who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines