• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Additional Color Space options

Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera RAW 11.2 does not offer full range of working spaces. Only sRGB, Adobe RGB, ProPhoto. Easier versions offer access to other working spaces profiles present on the workstation. ECIv2, DCI, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Howdy David,

I spoke with the Camera Raw crew.  You are correct -- they removed this behavior during a recent attempt to clean-up the app.  It appears that someone was a little overzealous.  We've logged a bug and it should be addressed soon.  Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that. Especially the RAW 11.2.0.135 matter.

Dear Adobe, it is quite urgent because you are unable to downgrade to a lower ARC-version AND I don't want to fck up my color management workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a full list in ACR 11.2, no restrictions. Monitor profiles, CMYK profiles, everything.

So this is something specific to your system.

That said, those three are basically what you need in terms of RGB profiles. A file should always be in a standard color space, and DCI P3 is not a document profile. It's a display condition and the profile should only be used as a generic display profile.

A better case might be made for ECI RGB, but it's still not in widespread use. It's a pretty risky choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raws don't have their own color profile.

The topic is about opening that RAW in Photoshop (with a specific profile)

ECI is a common one, but not even an option now...

screen1.jpg

This problem began after the ARC update which I did yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marschwubv  wrote

Raws don't have their own color profile.

Yes, of course I know that. This isn't about that, it's about the options you get for opening a rendered RGB file in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ECI is a standard color space. More so arguably than Adobe 1998.

ISO/TS 22028-4:2012 - Photography and graphic technology -- Extended colour encodings for digital im...

ECI is the standard for Archival Imaging. Though Adobe is widely used in the US and sRGB is still often used for display.

https://www.metamorfoze.nl/sites/metamorfoze.nl/files/publicatie_documenten/Metamorfoze_Preservation...

I have used DCI P3 color space for film strip digitization which was converted to video. A special case. In any event. Prior to CR 11.2 it was possible to select any output space that had a profile present on the system. I have two computers updated to 11.2. Both show only the basic profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse

Can you post a screen shot as marschwubv did? I have that same limited list. Two computers.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/David+Remington  wrote

D Fosse

Can you post a screen shot as marschwubv did?

Here you go. Note the scroll bar; this goes on listing every single profile I have installed.

ACR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Now to try to figure out why. Will check on a Windows workstation to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's a bug on the mac side.

All our macs regardless of os show the limited color profiles with camera raw 11.2.

If we switch back to camera raw 11.1, then all the profiles appear as before the 11.2 update.

All our windows machines with camera raw 11.2 show the profiles as shown in D Fosse's screenshot.

You can also report the issue over here, where adobe wants users to report bugs.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using High Sierra and I see all the profiles.

So could those who cannot see all the profiles please let us know which release of the Mac OS you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Limited profile selection on High Sierra and Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Please re-look at my comment. I'm on HS and I see all of the profile selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Yes. Yet I do not. I have more workstations I can check tomorrow to see if I can nail down another variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

What version of Photoshop are you running? Do you see the same profiles with CR hosted by Bridge and by Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

The latest releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gary_sc,

Please confirm you are running camera raw 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open camera raw it says 11.2 at the top?

cr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Sorry, I occasionally walk away from my computer. ;>)

Answer is: Yes

2019-02-15_14-44-17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Sierra, too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only seeing the short profile list on macOS 10.13.6, ACR 11.2.

The list did not change after I:

• Tried it when opening Camera Raw from within both Bridge and Photoshop (both updated)
  • Deleted Camera Raw 11 prefs
  • Toggled "Use Graphics Processor" in Camera Raw prefs
  • Opened raw files from three different camera raw formats
  • Profile list in the ACR Save dialog box is as short as in the Workflow Options dialog box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked this on a third Apple computer today. OS X High Sierra, CC2018, CR 11.2. Only the short list of profiles. I have more Macs and a few Windows 10 PCs I can test but the network bug is a problem that is holding me back. At least they are working on that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm this is happening to me as well. macOS Mojave (10.14.3), Camera Raw (11.2.0.135)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy David,

I spoke with the Camera Raw crew.  You are correct -- they removed this behavior during a recent attempt to clean-up the app.  It appears that someone was a little overzealous.  We've logged a bug and it should be addressed soon.  Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines