• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe camera raw 13.1 issue

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the latest update of camera raw 13.1 issue where the screen freeze or crash after i did several adjustments on the raw file. Same issue happened when i restart the computer.. pls advice. Tks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw 13.1.0.658 freezes photoshop when I open the raw filter, and when i open a raw file directly. Running a 2019 HP workstation, ISV certified, etc all drivers current, etc. This is an Adobe issue. HELP!  I cannot do anything with RAW files at all, since the upgrade this morning. I have 5,000 images to edit NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. It's wrecked my workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is also randomly crashing after making a few adjustments. And the bracket keys don't work consistently to increase/decrease size of the brush. How do we get the previous version? I think it also performed faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Busiest time of year and computer keeps freezing when I try to make adjustments in Canera Raw 13.1.  Adobe I hope you're into fixing this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera RAW most recent revision 13.1 has problems. It locks up when using the sliders, goes into an infinite loop and locks up the computer, when it does work it is SLOW,  and does not seem to do the actions as set. Is there a way to download and go back to the previous version of 13.0x?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Both Photoshop and Lightroom absolutely freeze up my computer. I can not work with RAW files at all and sadly, that is all I work with. So this is a big problem for me. Will try installing an older version to use until this issue is fixed.

Very. Bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experience the same issue.  When I open RAW files from Bridge to Camera RAW, the circle circles for a while then my imac reboots.  I need to finish a job and this is so irritating.  Any updates on this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up re-installing Camera Raw 12.4.  Having no issues, and now catching up on the time I've lost!

Just google Camera Raw 12.4 and you'll find the download link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've just 'reverted' to 12.4 version - like you, no problems with computer freezing.  As it covers every raw/dng file I use, bye-bye v13 until Adobe sort out the issue (and then I will keep the copy just in case!). Here is a direct link to the downloads page for anyone else wanting to use this get around: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed CR 12.4, but my performance problems remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent two hours, (literally), with an Adobe senior advisor, who told me that Adobe have a real problem with Camnera Raw 13.1 with respect to Mac users who have updated to 13.1 I downgraded to 12.4 on the recoemmdation of the first support staff member I spoke with online and the GUI was severely compromised with most of the icon just a grid of white dots. Finally, after two hours of controlling my screen, deleting the entire suite and reinstalling everything, I finally got back to whwre I was before Craetive Cloud auot-installed 13.1. At least the man had the decency to give me a free 30 days of subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can fix this for you,  in Camera raw, go to the star button for settings and a box will open up, disable Graphics Processor, close and open up, this should fix the bugs in 13.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've disable graphic processing and it still doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this fix doesn't work for me either, but thanks for the suggestion. Adobe online support hasn't been able to help me either. It's extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this fix, and it does not work. I uninstalled PS and newly installed it, sadly no change to the better.
I have used the Adobe Log Collector Tool and uploaded it to Adobe, but cannot find the chat to connect to Adobe support referring to the log file.
Any idea where the caht options is hidden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem disappeared recently, most probably with version 13.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that re-installing ACR 12.4 resolved the same issue for me: however, prior to that I did some testing before downgrading.  I have Canon cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, 5Ds and 5Dr.  The crash problem was just experienced on 12/20/2020 having taken a few family photos with the Mk II.  Changing flashcards didn't help. Selecting random Mk II image files prior to early December worked fine.  Shooting current images with the same flashcards on the 5Ds worked fine.  Any Mk II image files worked fine in Photoshop V6 and the Canon post-processing app.  I do high resolution digital imagery and restoration for artisans, collectors, musuems and historical societies, often working with panoramas and matrix panoramas to have large files using the other three cameras.  Scratch disk space was on my 24 TB Raid drive; therefore, 5.2 TB available space.  I use a 2013 Mac Pro, OS 10.14.6, with all apps up to date.  Adobe, to me, the problem appears to be possibly camera specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats interesting I will test using Sony .ARW most I shoot with .CR3 or .CR3 images from my Canon Cameras

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with 13.1 I have even reinstalled RAW 13.1 along with Photoshop and Bridge, double verifed preferences.  

System Version: macOS 11.2 (20D5029f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. ACR crashes and locks Photoshop up using ant version past 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines