• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Camera Raw 14 issue with Bridge and Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 10. I installed Bridge ver 11.1.0.175 (updated today), Photoshop Elements (PSE) 2021 (properly registered on Adobe), and Adobe Camera Raw 14 (ACR). When I attempt to open a photo in Bridge using ACR, I get the message, "Camera Raw editing is not enabled...  requires qualifying product has been licensed." I have read on this forum and elsewhere that Photoshop Elements is a 'qualifying product', so that is puzzling.

If I double click in Bridge to open the photo in PSE, it opens in ACR 13. If I go into PSE first, and click on 'Open in Camera Raw', it opens in ACR 13. How can I get it to open in ACR 14 from either PSE or Bridge? (Preferably Bridge if I have to choose between the two!) 

I've looked at numerous posts on the "Camera Raw editing is not enabled" theme, but didn't see this particular issue. Appreciate any assistance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Bridge needs an Creative Cloud Application such as Photoshop CC ( 'qualifying product') in order for the

Bridge ACR to work.

Since photoshop elements is not part of the Creative Cloud Applications, thus not a 'qualifying product', it's not made to work with Adobe Bridge like photoshop cc is.

However, you can get ACR 14.0 to work with pse 2021 by following the directions here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Screenshot-(442).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an Elements user but I'm pretty sure it uses a different 'version' (cripplied for Elements) than what you downloaded for Photoshop so I'm not suprised it doesn't run under Elements. 

You'll likely need to install Elements again so 'it's' proper version of ACR is now running. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge needs an Creative Cloud Application such as Photoshop CC ( 'qualifying product') in order for the

Bridge ACR to work.

Since photoshop elements is not part of the Creative Cloud Applications, thus not a 'qualifying product', it's not made to work with Adobe Bridge like photoshop cc is.

However, you can get ACR 14.0 to work with pse 2021 by following the directions here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Screenshot-(442).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the trick - it now shows as ACR 14, thank you! What I like is that it is such a simple process. What isn't so simple is knowing how in the first place, so I appreciate you sharing where to find the answer. 

While it now shows ACR 14, it is not the ACR I had available when I had a Ps subscription, but as pointed out by others, I guess that's the price I must pay for refusing to continue to rent software. 

Again, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines