• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DNG converter 10.3

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files converted using this latest version are not recognised by all relevant photo editing software (eg Luminar 2018, DXO Photolab), while  older versions are recognised. Why is this? What has happened in version 10.3 that causes this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

You had hit the nail on the head with this. The issue is in the preferences. The DXO software people said that the "use lossy compression" option in preferences must be unchecked. If it stays checked then their software cannot read the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything at all about those other editing programs. But is it possible that something is not right in the DNG converter preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the thought, but i don't think this is the problem as other software can easily open these files. i guess it must be something in the DXO etc software that does not recognise what adobe has done in its latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you've done this, but you could try setting the DNG Compatibility to something earlier than 7.1:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not think of that. However, in the meantime I've just uninstalled v10 and reinstalled v9. No point having the latest if you don't actually need it. Should I ever upgrade maybe they'll be on v11 or v12 by then with all correctly working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You had hit the nail on the head with this. The issue is in the preferences. The DXO software people said that the "use lossy compression" option in preferences must be unchecked. If it stays checked then their software cannot read the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines