• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DNG Converter for CinemaDNG files

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I Have a Sigma FP that uses cinemaDNG ver 1.40 files for recording, I wanted to compress this files using the Adobe DNG Converter sadly Davinci Resolve fails at reading those DNG files (only Black and a thin white line above on the player). It's a problem from some meta tags on the DNG files or maybe a Resolve Issue? Any Ideas Thanks. BTW I tried using Custom settings and 1.4 DNG ver backwards and Camera RAW 7.1 and later options

TOPICS
DNG Converter , DNG profile creator , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolve actually, supports DNG? If it does but not the one you're trying to use, if you convert using an older version which you can set in the DNG converter preference and that that didn't work, Resolve just doesn't properly support DNG. You should contact them with an example DNG to look at. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uncompressed DNG is readed by resolve and AFAIK there compressed DNG is also supported because there is some 3rd party software that uses the 3:1 compression for Cinema DNG in Resolve. Probably there is something to be figured out on the metadata for video, I belived I could the Adobe converted but had these issues, I hope that they also add this functionality in the future.

I uploaded un frame of the CinemaDNG sequence that is correctly readed by Resolve. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it give this when I tried to upload the file: 

"El tipo de contenido a001_007_20200418_000001.dng del adjunto (image/DNG) no coincide con la extensión del archivo y se ha eliminado."

It seems that the file is not accepted as a DNG, as if I changed the extension of the file with bad intentions :(. It's a cinemaDNG so I guess thats why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems there is enough difference in CinemaDNG from DNG to make this a possible issue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CinemaDNG

CinemaDNG is different from the Adobe DNG (Digital Negative) format that is primarily used as a raw image format for still cameras. However, each CinemaDNG image is encoded using that DNG image format. The image stream can then be stored in one of two formats: either as video essence using frame-based wrapping in an MXF file, or as a sequence of DNG image files in a specified file directory. Each clip uses just one of these formats, but the set of clips in a movie may use both.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines